• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Tele boot recommendations

Finally wore out the old T2s and looking for something new. God those new boots look beefy. I'm looking for something versatile; day tours at Rainer, long days in the spring in the Cascades with some hiking, and a 6 day Sierra traverse this spring. Suggestions? Thanks.

Currently have BD Crossbows as my all-around but also looking for some phat boards for pow.

How about the Scarpa T2 Ecos or whatever they are called? They look similar to the T2s. Feathered Friends had a bunch of demo Garmonts on sale a week or so ago that you might check out.

I retired a pair of Crispi CXAs last year and tried on a pair of T2 Ecos and BD Seekers. I have a midwide foot and the Ecos seemed a bit sloppy. Got the BDs and after cooking the liners, I have really enjoyed the step up from the CXAs in performance, all day comfort, and lighter weight. I ski them with World Pistes and Works Stinx and they can drive the midfat really well.

If you are shopping used or demo boots, the Garmont Synergy is not too beefy but I can still steer my fat K2 Anti Pistes with 'em. Time tested good boot....but the best boot is the one that fits :tup:

Oh, that's getting awfully close to the devil of a downhill binding. :noway:

Current T1's are not much heavier (if at all) than the old T-2's, depending on the year you have. They have a walk mode, and aside from really long traverses are suitable for touring. Plus they make a great resort boot if you plan to ride the lifts once in a while. Mountain gear has the last of the '09's on sale right now.

After more yaking and trying things on I went with:

K2 Coombacks

BD Push

22 Designs Axl

Trial report coming soon. Thanks again for advice.