LOST SHOES BAD KARMA Frenchman’s Coulee

LUCKY

We hiked over the top of the mesa to climb at one of the far away walls, come to find out my wife’s climbing shoes were not in her pack…so we thought her name is on the outside and her phone number on the inside, we had not got a call, the last place we climbed was at the feathers, we blasted off Hardening or the Arteries before we left last Sunday, so we hiked back over to see if they were still there, guess what they were shanked.

So to whoever took her shoes what do you have? A half worn pair of shoes you can’t use and a lot of bad KARMA…if we would have only known the climbing weekend would not have been ruined, we have an extra new pair ready to go.

5.10 red slippers with Mary written on the outside

We know a lot of climbers, so if you’re found with them it could get ugly…so enjoy your ill gotten gains.

Phuk’n AHOLE :anger::fahq:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I've pointed this out here before, but calling someone an asshole is probably not the best way to get them to do you a favor. For all they (the person who grabbed the shoes) knew, the shoes could have been there for weeks and were forgotten trash. Did you ask all the other climbers around if they'd seen them?

They were shanked :anger:the name and phone number was on them and we don't care about get'n them back the weekend was wasted and that is something you can't get back (read the post) because some people will take anything...so if anyone has any info give it up...or to the person that took them get'n nervious yet? :battlecage:

I don't understand your post. They were left at the feathers last sunday, and they weren't waiting for you a week later when you came back for them, and this ruined your weekend?

When something is left at the crag you can find the owner (with the phone number on them it would not have been hard) leave it or steal it...I have found a rack,gear,rope bag,shoes,a wedding ring, car keys at the crag and as some here might atest to I got it back to them...yes I'm phuk'n pissed

Oh Yeah and that camera we took nude crag pictures with before return'n it :lmao:

Edited by LUCKY

For all they (the person who grabbed the shoes) knew, the shoes could have been there for weeks and were forgotten trash. Did you ask all the other climbers around if they'd seen them?

Come on, we're not that stupid. They can leave them be, OR take them and call the number. They're climbing shoes and have the name on the side. People should just leave others stuff alone unless they are helping out. If they were helping, they would have called, thus, ergo no call: they must be stealing them.

BTW, Lucky, check Craigslist for found shoes or found climbing shoes. You just never know.

The real question is who da fuck takes somebody's climbing shoes? Most people are disgusted by their own, let alone another person's.

Some people will steal anything, like the 2 dudes I caught steal'n a trashed rope I left hang'n on a STEEP route the day before...busted them in the act, made them put it back up ...it was quite epic... climb'd with them and spanked them on some hard shit later that day..they were humbled :lmao:

The real question is who da fuck takes somebody's climbing shoes? Most people are disgusted by their own, let alone another person's.

True. But maybe his wife's feet smell like roses.

Are you talking about Sunday as in yesterday or a week ago? You posted this on Monday morning. If yesterday maybe they didn't get around to calling yet. I once found a pack that someone forgot at a trailhead. I grabbed it so that someone else who might not give it back wouldn't, and returned it (with fancy ski gear, camera, and wallet containing over $100 included) days later when I got home.

The point is, if it happened yesterday there is still hope, and if it happened eight days ago, suck it up, chill out, and move on. Good and terrible things happen to good people every day. Fact of life.

The point is, if it happened yesterday there is still hope, and if it happened eight days ago, suck it up, chill out, and move on. Good and terrible things happen to good people every day. Fact of life.

And BAD things happen to BAD people, by KARMA or by ME!!!!!

Turn the other cheek... then look for something to club them with :battlecage:

pretty sure I call that "booty" when I see it. Are you sure the phone # was readable? foot sweat makes sharpie ink bleed...

BOOTY is gear I can't get off a climb because it's stuck or I am not capable, not shoes with our # clearly writen in them and BTW my gear that winds up in other peoples packs is not booty either.

The point being as I stated the shit I have found at the crag I have allways found the owner except for a dozen or so bail beaners

KARMA IS A WHEEL

No I won't let it go!!!

peace brother. getting all angry about it will cause you harm. it is only a shoe and not worth the angst.

yes karma will take care of it so please let it go.

you are creating bad karma for yourself by hanging onto it with negative emotions. the way to create good karma is to harbor feelings of goodwill especially to those who would do you or your property harm. So, feel sorry for this thief and invite them into your home. (if you care about your own karma)

Edited by genepires

Maybe a rodent ran off with them? I dropped a leather shoe (with an expensive insert..ugh!) outside the car on a very lonely stretch of road a ways back. It took just a short bit to connect that quiet thunk with my missing shoe but by the time we got back to that exact spot, the shoe was gone. We figured a rodent or coyote ran off with it. Just thinkin out loud.

dude, if i was the guy found an apparently abandoned pair of shoes, and was going to call the number but then read this thread, I wouldn't call, i would just throw them in the trash. Plop! good way to shoot yourself in the ass.

BULLSHIT!!! Read the tread, My wife and I keep a new pair of shoes ready to go...What i can't get back is the climbing weekend.

FYI I am over it, but If the thief is reading this tread I do like make'n he or she nervious...So you still wanting to cop to it?

Good tread BTW on what BOOTY is and is not!!!

another good lesson here, lucky, is that your wife should get in the habit of checking her pack to make sure she's packed her shoes. If you had looked before you left the house, your weekend wouldn't have been ruined.

Sucks that someone stole your shit, but there is always a personal lesson to be learned from any misfortune.

If you truly believe in Karma, remember it goes both ways -- this shitty thing happened to YOU for a reason, karma allows for no victims.

Edited by rob

Karma is a really unsatisfying concept, I at least wish I could actually see the deserving chump get their comeuppance.
I must have been a really shitty asshole in my previous life, to have suffered through what I have endured for the past ten years with my ex-wife... But now I'm waiting for my ex to get hers. It may take years, but I can wait for it. I'm a verrry patient man... :eveeel: