Colorado Climbing

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only place you will really miss out on is eldorado canyon state park. You could spend some time up in estes. Lumpy ridge has tons in the 5.9-5.9 range. Lots of camping nearby, and the summer RMNP crowds should be dying down. You could also head down to the South Platte area. I know 11 mile canyon has lots of easy 2-3 pitch routes. Other places in the Splatte should also. TOns of other places to check out. There is actually book focused on exactly what you are looking for:

Serious Play - An Annotated Guide to Traditional Front Range Classics 5.2 - 5.9

by Steve Dieckhoff

SERIOUS PLAY is a unique hybrid climbing guide/instructional manual. This beautifully illustrated primer teaches traditional climbing skills while providing detailed route information for the Front Range's finest moderate lines.

http://www.amazon.com/Serious-play-annotated-traditional-classics/dp/189254024X

All routes are 5.2-5.9, and most are in the 2-3 pitch range. It might be hard to find, but if you are swinging by boulder, you could borrow my copy and ship it back to me or drop it off when you are done. Oddly, the book doesnt cover the flatirons, but the rest of the front range is well treated.

• 4 weeks later...