Detailed Topo of base of snow creek?

powderhound

So I got off route on the first pitch of outer space. I didnt really have any idea where i started but I pretty much climbed a full 200+ straight up to the 3rd pitch anchors? The climbing was good for a while and then it got blank and dirty. I was all ready to bail and leave behind a #2 cam in pod but I figuered I would give it one more go and I clipped a locker to the thumb loop and set off for some unprotected slab climbing. I am curious if anyone has a topo that shows all the routes that are there at the base of outerspace?

Some dudes who just finished were packing up at the base and must have thought I was crazy as we started after 3pm! alpine start:) just for you John. They watched me get off route and then get scared, thanks for sticking around to see that I got through the pitch safely, MUCH APPRECIATED!

Bryan Schmitz

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no.....like one that shows all the variation that have been done, but thanks for the google link, didnt know what a google was. you wanna spray me, lets do it in spray, not when I have a real question. I have the guidebook you d bag.

You get lost on the most well-traveled trade route in the state, you should expect to take some shit.

So you're looking for a secret route that isn't in the guidebook? Maybe you did a first ascent, check with summitchaserCJB.

Are you thinking the RPM, 5.10b start? That pretty much goes straight up to 2-tree ledge, through a small roof. Probably the best start to O/S.

yeah thats what I thought at first, maybe they share the same start, but I think its about twenty feet right. I really wish there was a photo that shows RPM, and then the regular starts to O/S. I was pretty ripped at the time and I just was climbing, straight up! None of this meandering BS looking for gear, lol. But yeah I guess I deserve some shit for getting off track on the first pitch.

Some dudes who just finished were packing up at the base and must have thought I was crazy as we started after 3pm! alpine start:) just for you John. They watched me get off route and then get scared, thanks for sticking around to see that I got through the pitch safely, MUCH APPRECIATED!

It was good to meet you and John and yeah I though u were crazy. Jason and I were relieved to see you pull that off without incident :)

• 4 weeks later...