PDX Ice Festival 2010

John Frieh

Five years running!

Sunday September 26th at the Portland Rock Gym

Competition starts at 5 pm: be on time if you want to compete! We fill up every year and have to turn people away that show up late!

Gear demo and fondling starts at 6 pm. Demo new tools from Black Diamond, Petzl, Grivel and others!

Mr Aaron Mulkey will be doing the slideshow this year. Ever wonder what all the hype about Cody, Wyoming is? COME FIND OUT!

We will be raising $$$ for Hyalite and the Washington Climbers Coalition again this year. Bring some dollar bills and plan on winning some great prizes!

MOST IMPORTANTLY: FREE Adult Beverages! It's never too early to start carb loading for ice season :brew:

pdx_ice_fest_2010_large.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to the slideshow. Let me know if I can help with anything, John.

Thanks! Will do!

Speaking of Aaron is going to do a longer version of the same slide show at the Mazamas Friday September 24th! I would highly recommend catching this one also if you're in town

Love Rick but I'll go $20 on the hound. Assuming Marcus and John are officiating this year of course and Layton stays with the Harem in SLC.

The hound was impressive, but Rick has been training on his apple tree in his backyard.

Apple Tree Route

Yeah because the finals route is going to be jugs the whole way :laf: :laf: :laf::ass:

See you guys there! Apple tree or not: do some pullups!

Does the comp work the same way as the one at stone gardens a couple years back? Everyone does any easier route the top times are the finalist?

Yes. High point and time on the prelim route will determine who does and doesnt go onto the finals. Men's and Women's divisions.

That said as far as comps go this is thee most informal comp you will find.

If you plan on competing bring your shoes and harness and some $ for an entry fee into the comp. If you prefer gloves or chalk or your own tools bring them. We have filled up the last few years running so if you show up at 6:30 and still expect to compete dont act surprised if we turn you away.

Bring some $$$ as we are raising money for the Washington Climbers Coalition and Hyalite!

I'm coming for more BOOTY (and a good cause)! I've been pretty happy with the raffle results, two years running... I may need to get a storage unit if I do as well this year. Knock on plastic holds on wood. ;)

Between you and Shannon Kelley hoggin' all the winnings, not a lot of prize left over for the unlucky ones! :cry:

Looking forward to the slideshow. Let me know if I can help with anything, John.

Thanks! Will do!

Speaking of Aaron is going to do a longer version of the same slide show at the Mazamas Friday September 24th! I would highly recommend catching this one also if you're in town

Thank you for the heads up about the 24th. I'll check it out if we're in town.

By the way, congrats on your epic row time even though you missed a climbing opportunity. Win some, lose some. ;)

Does the comp work the same way as the one at stone gardens a couple years back? Everyone does any easier route the top times are the finalist?

If you prefer gloves or chalk

Chalk? Does that mean I can free-climb the comp rout? Sweet!

The PRG was great enough to grant us permission to attach free hanging features to the wall this year! If you think you can dyno past a free hanging dagger I'll gladly let you try Nate!

That said I distinctly recall running into you in the Hyalite parking lot... dust off those tools and come on out! :wazup:

I'll only come if Graham is MCing again

We can gladly deliver Graham MCing in his wall creeper sporting the jihad beard... for the appropriately sized donation of course :grlaf::wazup:

Bring your dollar bills! We're raising money!

Are you saying that we get to stuff the dollar bills into his SuperSnuggie?