goatboy

Summertime is...  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Summertime is...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will still be good days to be had. No one is allowed to use weather as an excuse for not getting out this year. I cant remember being rained on in the mountains for more than an hour this summer, and I was out there some.

Less snow is good for fall/winter alpine, more snow means pow turns, and in the mean time it's rock season on this side of the mountains. In short, whatever happens will probably be awesome.

Given 'summer' didn't start until July this year and East winds in the Gorge are singing their song a month earlier than normal I'd say we're fucked with weather kicking in beginning of October like last year. Hope that isn't the case, but not holding my breath for more either. Make the best of every day out you get at this point.

I climbed EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND between the end of May and the beginning of September. I never once got weathered out of a trip and conditions were generally fucking rad.

EVERY year people complain about the weather all summer and then complain that summer is over the first rain we get in September. With fall coming, pretty soon people can switch to complaining about how the snow is not the right consistency.

Whiners gonna whine.

I climbed EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND between the end of May and the beginning of September. I never once got weathered out of a trip and conditions were generally fucking rad.

EVERY year people complain about the weather all summer and then complain that summer is over the first rain we get in September. With fall coming, pretty soon people can switch to complaining about how the snow is not the right consistency.

Whiners gonna whine.

Summer's over. Climb other shit in the Fall and Winter :-)

Given 'summer' didn't start until July this year and East winds in the Gorge are singing their song a month earlier than normal I'd say we're fucked with weather kicking in beginning of October like last year. Hope that isn't the case, but not holding my breath for more either. Make the best of every day out you get at this point.

Great attitude. :tup:

Whiners gonna whine.

No whining at all. The summer or whatever its called reminded me of that in Siberia.

Water ice in July in the PNW anyone?

4809615529_1c5dfa41f0_b.jpg