bacon art

ivan

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So let me get this straight, you're all have your panties in a twist over a missing chunk of beat rope that has been replaced by another chunk of beat rope. And that's what constitutes "sad times" out at Beacon now? Got it, sad, but I've got it. Better keep this one under wraps here on cc.com as if Steve posts this tragedy up on ST he'll be laughed out off the internet with folks archiving his post so it can't be deleted.

So let me get this straight, you're all have your panties in a twist over a missing chunk of beat rope that has been replaced by another chunk of beat rope. And that's what constitutes "sad times" out at Beacon now? Got it, sad, but I've got it. Better keep this one under wraps here on cc.com as if Steve posts this tragedy up on ST he'll be laughed out off the internet with folks archiving his post so it can't be deleted.

how is it u have time to post so actively on every climbing website??? by and large i'm clearly in the wrong business :)

don't u kinda get made fun of on rockclimbing.com from time to time?

dude, u don't have a Quran :)

Edited by pink

but u got monkey :)

Edited by pink

pink has 6969 posts - smart money says he develops a new altar ego and leaves this fantastic avatar to memory :)

for the record, i'm not crying over a chunk of missing rope - i do recognize that a few of The Brethern out there, not too unlike door-knob humping retards, do care about such things though and generally seek to maintain a "live and let retards hump doorknobs" kinda detente w/ them :)

anyone sample the murk out there today? didn't start hosing 'round the 'couve till late enough to make me feel stupid for skipping out on the wild turkey...

When we got on it we coincidentally and without realizing it had squeaked in after Bob had aided it, but before they freed it. There was a fixed wire and a couple of 1/4" bolts if I recall correctly, so it was a mixed line even then. But Foster did rings in college, was / is fearless to a fault, soloed a few 12s, and we lived for doing roofs so it wasn't much of a stretch for him. I was actually sketching on it way more following than he did on lead.

Edit: It would have been on my old rack that was later stolen so it would have been on nuts and original Friends of which I had a double sets. As I recall I freed up to the base of Silver Crow going out left from the Pipeline anchor after we finished Stone Rodeo. It was a good day and we hadn't seen each other in quite awhile.

interesting :)

No one 'stole' anything, we walked down the trail and did the first interesting thing we saw. I didn't put two and two together until years later. As the route has been bolted and retrobolted I'm not sure what the point of 'authority' is, but again it doesn't require any more bolts given it was done originally with about half the bolts that are there now. It was and is a bold lead that's already been dimmed down once, no need to pussify it, just need to fix the two bad high angles.

:crazy: