RopeUp 2010

jon

I regret to announce that we will not be able to put on RopeUp this year. RopeUp will return next year. With cc.com turning 10 next month we really wanted to organize this event, but the nature of the event has changed since it's inception, and because of that we can't just throw together an event. Unfortunately collectively we were not able to come up with enough energy to do what is required to put on a successful event. Success would be measured by our ability to be allowed to put the event on the next year without objections. We as a site are in the public eye and our actions can have broad effects on all climbers, so just throwing together event that draws the ire of Thousand Trails camphosts or the Forest Service would be incredibly irresponsible of us. We are really sorry about this but promise that it will return next year.

We would like to do another SausageFest this Winter and will likely work with a local shop to host a slideshow. I don't want people to think that because RopeUp isn't happening that things are falling apart here, we've got some cool irons in the fire.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry folks, I just don't have the time to organize it this year. We believe that if we do it, we need to do it right, and make everyone happy (including the camphosts!). That takes a bit of care and planning (more than you'd think!). Unfortunately we just don't have the time this year to make it happen.

I do plan on making it happen in 2011. It has been a fun event, and I've really enjoyed putting it on. It will be back.

[img:left]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__d2B9sUpUVU/STIQnqPQSLI/AAAAAAAACHk/pg5QKXIkoO8/s400/I%27ll%2Bbe%2Bback.jpg[/img]