Missing climber in/around Storm King

sash

If you were in the area of Storm King (North Cascades, WA) in the last 4 days, Search and Rescue would love to get more information from you. Please contact Kelly Bush at the Marblemount Ranger Station: 360-854-7249.

=============

He went for Storm King this weekend. His tent was found at 2 mile camp on Park Creek on Sunday night by two rangers, who then went back and checked on Monday morning and it was still there. His permit was through Sunday. His camera and binoculars were still in the tent, and his sleeping bag was in the stuff sack. I forgot to ask about his backpack. I expect it is missing, since it wasn't mentioned.

He checked in to the Stehekin ranger station at 11:11 AM on Friday and was expected home on Sunday. He left quickly after that (probably to catch the bus to High Bridge). It takes about 4 hours to hike from High Bridge to 2 mile camp. That would put him there around 4:00 or 5:00 PM (due to the bus ride...most likely 5:00 PM). Most likely he did not go for the summit on the same day he hiked in to camp.

He would have climbed Storm King on Saturday and came out on Sunday.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was one of a party of two on Storm King in late July, and posted the report mentioned above. Thanks to several readers who let me know of Kelly's request for info (yes, the old register in a small glass bottle was still there on July 28). I spoke with someone at the Marblemount RS yesterday.

There's some crappy looseness up there. Let's hope he is ok.

• 2 weeks later...