Young Warriors

kevbone

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blownout 10.d? Not sure about that. I will go for 10.b/c for sure though. No way that is 10.a.
Can't be 10a as I am a 10a climber, yet I can't get my fat ass up the damn thing clean. ;)

Guess your not a 10.a climber then. :wazup:

Only cause YW and Jill's are rated 9d+. If they were 10a (like they should be IMO), I'd could say I'm a 10a climber. Then again, we all know ratings are the purist form of science and there is never any room for doubting a rating, regardless of the type of climb, height, reach, weather, gear placements, mother's maiden name, blood alcohol level, etc... Oh, except for Blownout, of course.

Blownout 10.d? Not sure about that. I will go for 10.b/c for sure though. No way that is 10.a.
Can't be 10a as I am a 10a climber, yet I can't get my fat ass up the damn thing clean. ;)

Guess your not a 10.a climber then. :wazup:

Only cause YW and Jill's are rated 9d+. If they were 10a (like they should be IMO), I'd could say I'm a 10a climber. Then again, we all know ratings are the purist form of science and there is never any room for doubting a rating, regardless of the type of climb, height, reach, weather, gear placements, mother's maiden name, blood alcohol level, etc... Oh, except for Blownout, of course.

Who the hell rated Jills Thrill 5.9?. IMO that 10 feet of climbing is easily 10.a.

BTW, Bill, did you loose a nut tool on YW the other day? Describe it, and I will be sure to tell people whom I bootied it from...

Not me, but I have a pretty pink curly tail thing hanging on my blue handled DMM nut tool that pairs well with pink shoes so if I ever lose it all the real men will want to give it right back.

Kenny tells me that there's still a lost cam up on the ramp of the corner, you should bootie that.

BTW, Bill, did you loose a nut tool on YW the other day? Describe it, and I will be sure to tell people whom I bootied it from...

Kenny tells me that there's still a lost cam up on the ramp of the corner, you should bootie that.

How do you recon LCK got his namesake? I almost bootied it the day I met him, when he first placed the cam. I was like, hey a brand new cam, sweet. I fiddled with it enough to have it free, but then it walked back to where it sits now. I went up to Snag Ledge and met LCK... That must be your cam there eh... I've been meaning to give it another shot with a few more appropriate tools in tow, however.

It was up a little way on p1 and I threw it down to the base in case someone came back for it. I suspect it belongs to the guys that were leaving when I walked up. One was older and bearded, the other younger, less experienced, and wearing brown Kaukulators. Didn't get their names.

I'm not doing pitch 5 no mo due to the rockfall adjacency and the loose block Joseph mentioned due to the rockfall. I was up it first thing this season and didn't realize until I got up there how close it it to the scar.....spooky.

but I think pitch 5 is about 5.7

that pitch 3 crux Joseph, its a crimpy little move and if you're not a crimper its stout. I can go with 5.9 because its only one move and the pin right there.

Hmmm, I'm no crimper either and think it's mostly a matter of getting your feet setup well and then bumping your right foot up one level so you can then reach up to the horizontal seam with your right hand with no problem. Both those pins are solid and I'd wing on them any time if it's any comfort.

P5 is fine, you just want to be sure and do the Opdycke variation straight up and left of the last bolt (over the angled fin) continuing straight up and definitely not bail out right at the bolt which will put you face-to-face with the rock I'd recommend people stay as far away from as possible.

P5 is fine, you just want to be sure and do the Opdycke variation straight up and left of the last bolt (over the angled fin) continuing straight up and definitely not bail out right at the bolt which will put you face-to-face with the rock I'd recommend people stay as far away from as possible.

Can you have an Opdycke variation on an Opdycke climb? Would someone help an uninformed fella out?