Smith Rock Detour

Plaidman

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sign up soon as the clinics fill up quick. I went last year and had a blast. There will be a showing of the Reel Rock Film Tour. It was wild last year seeing Alex Honnald soloing Half Dome. Food, music, and a boulder comp. Too much fun.

Here are my comments from last years event. Smith Rock Detour Trip Report

Register online at: Smith Rock Detour

Bump

bump

Edited by Plaidman

I just found out that I can bring my daughter down for The Detour. Maybe she will get turned on to climbing by seeing the boulder comp. She loves to camp and with the music and festival setting I know she will have a blast.

Edited by Plaidman

I got signed up for the 1/2 day aid clinic with Ammon McNeely Ammon McNeely: This man (pirate?) has climbed El Cap more than 50 times, picking up tricks and new techniques along the way. Whether you're new to aid climbing or a seasoned pro, this will not be a day to forget! Ammon is best known for his speed climbs in Yosemite and Zion National Parks and owns more records than anyone.

Whaa HOOOO!

Ammon once posted up on ST that his speed was mostly about not dicking around obsessing over placements - place'em, check'em, and then get on up and high step'em (with the implied just expect n falls per m placements). Hopefully he'll be over being tazed by the detour and legally able to leave CA for it.

Sign up soon as the clinics fill up quick. I went last year and had a blast. There will be a showing of the Reel Rock Film Tour. It was wild last year seeing Alex Honnald soloing Half Dome. Food, music, and a boulder comp. Too much fun.

Bump

bump

Bump Edited by Plaidman

• 3 weeks later...

Last chance to get to the Smith Rock Detour. This WEEKEND!!!