Message for Dwayner

Kathy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The anchors on top of the 5.6 crack on the GNS are overkill. They are an eye sore and a let down after a aesthetic natural crack. Whoever put them up there obviously doesn't know much about proper fixed anchors. First of all, they are poorly positioned, and second, a simple two bolt system would have worked fine.

But then again, the huge railroad bolts are pretty lame too rolleyes.gif" border="0

[ 12-09-2001: Message edited by: Lambone ]

Dude those railroad bolts (or Quary) give Index some of its charm. The bolts at the top of the 5.6 crack, while not being an aesthetic anchor, work just fine. You gym boys sure are picky.

Index is a great place where people can hang pigs from routes and grease cracks. One time I saw Kit Lewis firing his gun in the air there. Thats the kind of place Index is. So if you want beautiful lycra clad climbing glitterati(sp?) and beautiful anchors move to Boulder or somewhere similar.

As to the whole "Rock Cop" thread. I think the topic should have been left up. Daryl chose to identify himself and, as part of the bolters at Index in the 80's, he stands on shaky moral ground to be policing others actions.

I liked that post a lot too. Too bad that just because a post is controversial it gets removed. I think that is stupid that because it "is not p. correct" it gets wiped. Who it to say it was a wrong thread. Sure it was a little on the flamin side but aren't a lot of posts. Jon if I was in favor of fee demo and started a thread on that would you guys remove it. This is fucking bs. What a bunch of wankin censorshit.

To add even more fuel it seems as if you are a guidebook author you get special treatment here. Fuck that. I dont care to talk bs about DCramer cuz I dont know the dude but I have seen it that way in the past. mad.gif" border="0 I dont kiss anyone's ass cuz they write a book. If this bb is supposed to reflect the climbing community well it is now starting to fall short.

By the way I like the Kit Lewis story [laf]

[ 12-10-2001: Message edited by: Cpt.Caveman ]

Yah, AlpineK, in the 70's I knew this dude(who shall remain nameless)that could cut the rap webbing off some of the climbs with his Colt Python. I just love gun packin' climbers, espically if they pack a good knock down piece.

The RR bolts are part of Index's past history. Big rail roading and big timber being hauled out of the NW. If anyone does not like the RR look go climb somewhere else.

quote:

Originally posted by Lambone:
The anchors on top of the 5.6 crack on the GNS are overkill. They are an eye sore and a let down after a aesthetic natural crack. Whoever put them up there obviously doesn't know much about proper fixed anchors. First of all, they are poorly positioned, and second, a simple two bolt system would have worked fine.

But then again, the huge railroad bolts are pretty lame too
rolleyes.gif" border="0

[ 12-09-2001: Message edited by: Lambone ]

But lets advocate bolting everywhere else and grid like at Frenchmans rolleyes.gif" border="0

I liked the "Rock Cop" post. Index ain't no place for homo city boys.

Speaking of pigs. The only types I like are the ones that produce bacon and the ones that used to get hung from Model Worker.

Yep I remember back in the day. When the first pig got hung some sissy lycra bolter boy was trying to remove it while one of the riggers was at the base of the lower wall screaming, "I don't fuck with your rap placed bolts; why are you fucking with my lead placed pig."

quote:

Originally posted by Buzz:
I liked the "Rock Cop" post. Index ain't no place for homo city boys.

Speaking of pigs. The only types I like are the ones that produce bacon and the ones that used to get hung from Model Worker.

Yep I remember back in the day. When the first pig got hung some sissy lycra bolter boy was trying to remove it while one of the riggers was at the base of the lower wall screaming, "I don't fuck with your rap placed bolts; why are you fucking with my lead placed pig."

Right on Buzz. Maybe you and I should go on a war path. We can hang pigs everywhere and see what people think. If they dont like it we can bring our guns out. Or Sisu's guns. Team Buzz\Caveman rock ninjas kill all ! mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0

Uh well not Ninjas but the kill all part stands tongue.gif" border="0

[ 12-10-2001: Message edited by: Cpt.Caveman ]

After the first few posts I didn't get a chance to see the Rock Police thread before it bit the dust. Thats probably a good thing. Now I proclaim my innocence! Rest assured my dream team is hard at work as we speak fomrulating a comprehensive and incontrovertible reply. Those wishing to contribute to my defense fund email for banking details.

Darryl

yeah I want to hear the filth that came out Kathy's mouth that got that post pulled. All the guys are always bitching about the lack of females we see on this board...that's because they all have potty mounths like Kathy here and get their posts pulled. grin.gif" border="0