2nd pitch of...

John Frieh

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't nate free it a year or two ago, at least on tr? 5.11+? i recall i had aided it not too long before.

as an aid climb, it's no more than c2 - very thin in a few places, but at its thinist it's easy to step into bears in heat and use the 2-3 inch crack for pro instead of tiny wires :)

great pro once halfway up

Bears in Heat starts from same tree as Dutchman but goes more or less straight up. Climbers left of Dutchman. Nate Farr tricked me into doing it on Saturday :laf: :laf: RAD climb. Supposedly the 2nd pitch is easier than the first but we both hung on the 2nd. Super worth doing though. Crux is right at the end on the first pitch.

i've just done the dutchman - bears is just beside it, climbers left, and as i mentioned, is very easy to wander over to for the 20 ft or so where the dutchman gets uber-thin

not suprised you hung on bears, fucker's stout!

so john, you should rally your forces for a first free ascent of smooth dancer - almost got it all cleaned up for you...

i've just done the dutchman - bears is just beside it, climbers left, and as i mentioned, is very easy to wander over to for the 20 ft or so where the dutchman gets uber-thin

not suprised you hung on bears, fucker's stout!

so john, you should rally your forces for a first free ascent of smooth dancer - almost got it all cleaned up for you...

gee, with a name like smooth dancer i'd think that it had already been freed.