Summit Trail Runs in the Olympics

TimL

I was wondering if anyone could recommend to me several good trail runs that end in summits in the Olympics or even just good trail runs. I ran Mt. Ellinor from the lower trailhead yesterday and I thought it was excellent, but I'm starting to run out of ideas as I'm new to the Olympics. Thanks for any and all ideas!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Col. Bob on the western side of the range is a good run. There are two approaches that converge for the last portion, one from the Quinault side (Col. Bob trail) and a better, steeper trail from the Humptulips side (Pete's Creek trail).

The 7 Lakes Basin/High Divide Loop is a good loop that is frequently done by hikers in a day. You can take a quick detour to the top of Bogachiel Peak if a summit is necessary for your enjoyment. The views of Olympus and the Bailey Range are stellar from the High Divide.

There are a ton more, as I'm sure others will attest to.

• 1 month later...

I was just on a hike on the North Fork of the Skokomish River and it seems to me like a good trail run would be to run up the North Fork of the Skokomish River to First Divide then to Home Sweet Home to the Upper Duckabush and out the Duckabush River Trail.

It could be done either direction.