Looking for your advice on Rainier and other climb

absinthe52

Hey there, I thought I was set on hitting up Gibralter Ledges next May. Though now, I've seen trip reports to Forbidden peak and I'd like to get in some good alpine rock climbing as well. I will be out for about 10 days this spring. Question is, is June too late for Gib Ledges (usually)? Book says no, but I would like some of your opinions. Also, I'd like to do some alpine rock as well, but I'd like to avoid the crowds that come in July and August (Rainier included). Any suggestions/advice are welcome. I'd like to keep the trip between April-mid June of possible.

Thanks,

Matt

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

April and May could have good weather. June is called Junuary for a reason ;) Current forecast models call for a La Nina winter (cold and snow) starting soon and extending till ?

In any case Rainier could be good, especially with skis. It could also have some bad ass avy conditions.

Alpine rock climbing is often winter like during April-June, and easy access to Forbidden may not exist.