integrated gaiters

joshzielinski

I just got a steal of a deal on a pair of winter boots with many of the features I've been looking for for years. They also have 1 feature I don't know much about: integrated gaiters. does anyone have any experience (good/bad) with these? Your thoughts/insight is appreciated.

To be specific the boots are Kayland M11+.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no experience with integrated gaiters boots. I just want to say that M11+ looks so good. Also, I am very impressed with design and material of the new Hyper-traction model. Price is very high for Kayland boots ...

Let us know latter in season how good M11's are.

Lots of different styles of intergal gaiters. The simple ones are intended to keep stuff out of your boots and don't add much past that. The more complicated ones can add signifigant warmth to your boot/system. The more coverage the gaiter offers, generally the less durable the boot.

I've found the boots with the least amount of coveage still require a full length gaiter in many conditions. At their worst the weak design efforts just make the boots hard to get in and out of.

6628-660439-d.jpg

928474-p-DETAILED.jpg

6219-465613-d.jpg

6001lg.jpg

SCR0148-OR.jpg

250_OlympusMons_290.jpg

A typical view inside a integral gaitered boot.

f_2321V_4.jpg