• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Crillz

?Rapping Snow Creek Wall

VIA FERRATA, BAY-BEEEEE!!!

Cue that stupid VF pic of the guido pointing at the cameraman

via_ferrata.jpg

Edited by sobo

I agree, that walk off is a nightmare. Carns everywhere, 4th class scrambling down sandy death slabs. We spent more time downclimbing that "walk off" than we did on the climb. With a guide who knows which carn is the real carn...maybe. I plan to hump over the top next time. I'd been there before, but 30 years ago.

You are a wanker.

The problem with the walk-off is that people get tempted to cut left too soon and get cliffed out or on some "steeper than we wanted terrain". Follow the WELL-WORN trail and stay right when there are choices.

No point in rapping off unless you are an exhibitionist, rapping is not without danger especially when there is an easy route down.

I agree, the walk-off is easy:

-If you know where you are going

-If you are comfortable/able to follow a rock cairn/climber/mountain goat trail that occasionally forks or turns when you may not expect it to (i.e. you've never been down it)

-You are comfortable on terrain that occasionally has angled slabs and loose rock.

I've done the walk-off many-many times and have no issues with it, yet I've gone down with people that are sketched at the loose rock, slabs and what seems to be no discernible trail to them (Them: "Where's the trail?" Me: "Your standing on it" Them: "Where does it go?" Me: "Where that path and rock cairn is" Them: "Uh, OK").

I understand that not everyone's routefinding ability on unfamiliar (occassionally) loose/steep(er) terrain is not the same.

With that in mind, a rap descent can be many times faster (and possibly safer). You can even bring up a tag line that weighs little and allows you to do double rope raps without the extra weight of a second rope. Also, if you are climbing with a party of 3, you may already have that second rope, and chances are someone in your group will be extremely slow on the walk-off due to lack of comfort/experience with the terrain.

VIA FERRATA, BAY-BEEEEE!!!

Cue that stupid VF pic of the guido pointing at the cameraman

via_ferrata.jpg

Does this guy have any idea how famous he is on CC.com?

No point in rapping off unless you are an exhibitionist,

Did someone say exhibitionist? (this is not me, btw!!)

Sobo_at_2_sisters_lake.jpg

This, I did not expect. :blush:

blocky manass makes things interesting?
Pictures just don't do it justice. It looks a fuckuva lot hotter in real life. I'll show you if you want. :ass:

why do you have pics of naked guys so readily accessible to you? ;)

Wimmin like to take pics of me when I'm nekkid. Like this one here. Don't ask me why... Rest assured that for each and every one of these pics, there was a woman behind the lens.

And I see where this thread has brought you out of nearly a year's worth of lurking. Was it the pics, or what? :D

The Annual Spectacle Lake Icebreaker Plunge (yours truly on the right)

Spectacle_Lake-June_1990_01.jpg

Sobo has a great looking man-ass, that deserves to be shared with the rest of us. Now just do the rap on sno creek wall naked and it just may be relevant to this thread.