North Norwegian Buttress action?

Mr. Hands

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I understand from one of the few involved- the "project" route is mixed aid and free and is being climbed ground up. Highly doubt it will be a trade route for the masses.

Still looking for answers as to why your friends bolted a crack on the first pitch and claim it not to be a route for the masses.

Anybody care? I think Index is in a designated logging wilderness. So we should be very concerned about bolts where no one can see them but encourage the clearcutting of our forests as you hardly even notice when they are gone, but those bolts are forever, and the negative impacts of them are......help me out here....?

You, like so many other clueless "climbers", seem to excuse your permanent alterations of the environment by constantly citing logging, roads, and road cuts to the extent that you think you're justified to do anything else as long as it's on a lesser scale. That's lame.

The average backpacker has far more environmental consciousness about leaving little trace than the average modern rock climber who thinks it's just fine (and the status quo) to leave their permanent metallic mark - again- no matter what the scale - wherever they please. Grow up. Rock climbing at one time was developing a clue but then sold out to convenience and easy safety. The sport climbing "revolution" was a tragedy, not a progression. It was,in a sense, environmental devolution. While you think you're progressing with a bunch of artificial and rehearsed scenarios, much of the world of outdoor endeavors has long ethically passed you by and shake their heads in wonder as to why you refuse to clean up your act.

We are so blessed with you continually telling us what is proper and how to live our lives. What would we ever do without you? [/sarcasm]

You, like so many other clueless "climbers", seem to excuse your permanent alterations of the environment by constantly citing logging, roads, and road cuts to the extent that you think you're justified to do anything else as long as it's on a lesser scale. That's lame.

The average backpacker has far more environmental consciousness about leaving little trace than the average modern rock climber who thinks it's just fine (and the status quo) to leave their permanent metallic mark - again- no matter what the scale - wherever they please. Grow up. Rock climbing at one time was developing a clue but then sold out to convenience and easy safety. The sport climbing "revolution" was a tragedy, not a progression. It was,in a sense, environmental devolution. While you think you're progressing with a bunch of artificial and rehearsed scenarios, much of the world of outdoor endeavors has long ethically passed you by and shake their heads in wonder as to why you refuse to clean up your act.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
comone bwrts spill the beans... bloted cracks!!!!

/quote]

I know nothing more than originally said except there were two separate parties involved climbing apparently two lines to a now shared anchor(as far as I understand, the 2 parties are not working together).

IF it is a bloted crack, that would make for some trip report.

however, a bolted crack is BullSheit and should be eradicated.