No more access to meager creek!

Eli3

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Brayshaw said it well almost a year ago (http://www.clubtread.com/sforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=32743):

"Capricorn is nasty because the glacier tongue up there is right at the volcanic/granite contact and there are piles of steep unconsolidated glacial sediment as well as massive bedrock instability. The average return period for surprisingly large debris flows is one to two events per decade. Devastator Creek might be more well-known but even Capricorn has the possibility to block Meager and send a floodwave down the Lillooet when the dam breaks...

When I was working up there we would gun it to the fastest possible speed when driving across the Capricorn fan, even on rainless days."

Hey Drew, do you have a lottery number for me to play?

Edited by Heinrich

2nd largest landslide in Canadian history

Which was the largest?

I would guess either the Hope Slide, or maybe the Frank Slide. Frank was certainly deadlier, but Hope might have been physically bigger.

Smallest would probably be Al "Landslide" Passeral, who won his riding in northwest BC by a single vote. Legend has it the NDP opponent and his wife had not got around to voting, otherwise the result would have been an equally small landslide the other way.

Edited by murraysovereign