Dubious Distinctions

pope

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I'm away from the office, here's a couple of other things which I think distinguish me as an example of mountaineering excellence:

I hiked to Camp Muir with a sock stuffed in my shorts. Just trying to be like Lou.

I've followed Hemlock on about thirty trips from Squamish to Whistler as he attempted to meat...ooops, I mean meet..young women. In fact on our last such adventure, I can remember feeling conspicuously old as we bounced around these teeny-bopper night clubs.

I've bivied high on Shuksan with a busty babe and her wolf. Man, she was hot! The busty babe was cute too.

I witnessed three Norwegian girls running naked through the sprinklers at the Lake Wenatchee rest stop.

I have heard first-hand the story of how Dwayner nearly drowned in an irrigation ditch near Peshastin, when he decided to go for a dip in the buff.

My distinctions:*I've almost been hit by a paper bag full of shit.*Took the ballroom dancing course from the mountaineers (just kidding)*Never stuffed my shorts.

As for the earlier disinctionsIT'S SPRAY TIME!------1. The tooth record- You guys aren' t even close to my time. 35-40ish minutes car to car. High speed quad ride, two seater ride. GS turns on 210cm boards down upper nash to the high traverse and over. Ditch skis, run to pass. Throw on rock shoes minutes of throwing down holds up and down. Run to skis. Tuck down.2.Classic crack 1 arm-- mere child's play.3.Clean crack solo fall. If he was wearing high frictiony Levi's and long sleeves, it would go cleanly.The crux ain't to far above the railroad gravel. Perhaps requires balls to big for me. --Done Spraying. What the heck-- it is a rainy Nov. nght.PS In my younger days I saw a drunk guy pass out and do a pure back flop off the top of spire rock. He lived to walk away!

quote:

Originally posted by ScottP:
Not related to climbing but...I onced owned a car that was hit by a train and only suffered cosmetic damage. (The freight train surgically removed the rocker panel off the front of the car, leaving the lights intact.)

actually scott the rocker panel is not on the front of the vehicle. they are the strutural support beams that run along the outter edges of the body floor pan and weld into the doort support posts, front center and rear. right below all the doors. typically what you see when you look at most cars is the rocker moulding. you might have been mistaken and were talking about the header panel which houses the headlights and grille. thought you might want to know. just like the fenders are only on the right and left front of all vehicles, in front of the doors. whilst the 1/4 panels are on the right and left rear of each vehicle. behind the doors.

take it easy!

Erik: my car has been making a funny knocky sound, kinda like kukukuku when I'm in fifth gear. It's an '87 Mazda B-2000 pick-up with 210k. What can I expect to happen next, and anyone (BTW) want a truck for cheap? Quite serious here. It's got a nice canopy.

And in the same vein, any cars for sale out there? Preferably a Subaru wagon.

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:
I CLIMBED SQUIRE ROCK NEAR TACOMA!
cool.gif" border="0

Dude I saw that message on the 40 posts page and I thought it was JERRY SANCHEZ posting something! I was surprised i thought he only climbed MT SI! But it was just you ho hum.

[sleep]

1) retrieved 2 pieces of booty gear on the 3 climbs I've soloed2) saw a 70-something yr old beckey try to pick up on 20-some young girls last year at Smith3) N. Face of the grand in 26 hours car-to-car going on 40+ hours without sleep.4) Successfully infected two CC.com climbers who have climbed with me with the "Texas Bush disease."

Ok so I'm pretty lame, come climb with me and see if you feel sick the next day. [Moon][Moon][Moon][Moon][Moon][Moon][Moon][Moon]