Muir on Saturday

scot'teryx

quote:

Originally posted by Dave Schuldt:
TAKE ACID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

acid is more portable and doesnt require lighters, nor does it force non-participators out of the hut...at least till you start babbling about the rainbow spiders crawling on their faces rain.gif

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That be the picture, Largo wanted to know why I wanted him to autograph it. I think this picture is or was what climbing is about. Hangen with friends( of the non typical type) non comerical no braging just the trill and feeling after a hard days climbing

I have two orders of business regarding Mr. Dru. If you disagree with my claim that even Dru must concede that he invents problems in order to provide himself with an excuse for making a fuss, then read no further. This march into profligate mandarinism is not happening by mere chance. It is not, as many conceited segregationists insist, the result of the natural, inevitable course of things. It is happening as a direct result of Dru's pompous proposed social programs. Even people who consider themselves maladroit, callous killjoys generally agree that if I withheld my feelings on this matter, I'd be no less demented than Dru.

His anecdotes are an icon for the deterioration of the city, for its slow slide into crime, malaise, and filth. As you can see, Dru has written volumes about how every word that leaves his mouth is teeming with useful information. Don't believe a word of it, though. The truth is that if we let him overthrow all concepts of beauty and sublimity, of the noble and the good, and instead drag people down into the sphere of his own base nature, all we'll have to look forward to in the future is a public realm devoid of culture and a narrow and routinized professional life untouched by the highest creations of civilization.

Pardon me for not being able to empathize with impolitic traitors, but his devotees are easily manipulated. Sadly, lack of space prevents me from elaborating further. Viewed from all angles, if Dru wants to be taken seriously, he should counter the arguments in this post with facts, not illogical panaceas, personal anecdotes, or insults. He sees all the evidence, but he is reluctant to accept the conclusion that he asserts that his philosophies can give us deeper insights into the nature of reality. That assertion is not only untrue, but a conscious lie.

As I noted at the beginning of this post, such conduct as Dru's induced the despotism of Cromwell and the two Bonapartes. I've said that before and I've said it often, but perhaps I haven't been concrete enough or specific enough, so now I'll try to remedy those shortcomings. I'll try to be a lot more specific and concrete when I explain that there is a problem here. A large, wretched, featherbrained problem. His minions have shared the rostrum with drugged-out prigs at recent symposia. Let me explain. It has been brought to my attention that passion precludes his ability to ignore trivialities and to concentrate on the important aspects of the problem. While this is true, it's really not bloody-mindedness that compels me to discuss the advantages of two-parent families, the essential role of individual and family responsibility, the need for uniform standards of civil behavior, and the primacy of the work ethic. It's my sense of responsibility to you, the reader. To inform you of the grounds upon which I base my criticisms, I offer the following. Dru says that he is a model citizen. That is the most despicable lie I have ever heard in my entire life.

I wish that some of his allies would ask themselves, "Why am I helping him intensify or perpetuate mercantalism?" Should we be concerned that he wants to encourage young people to break all the rules, cut themselves loose from their roots, and adopt a sex-crazed lifestyle? I'll answer that question for you: Yes, we should indisputably be concerned, because it has been said that his bedfellows have been arrested in numerous murders, violent assaults, and bank robberies across the nation. I, in turn, think that it's easy to tell if he is lying. If his lips are moving, he's lying. In order to understand the motivation behind Dru's policies, it is important first to respond to Dru's epigrams. So Dru thinks that he can ignore rules, laws, and protocol without repercussion? Interesting viewpoint. Here's another: He is the picture of the insane person on the street, babbling to a tree, a wall, or a cloud, which cannot and does not respond to his diatribes.

He argues that I am beer-guzzling for wanting to delegitimize him. I should point out that this is almost the same argument that was made against Copernicus and Galileo almost half a millennium ago. Dru's hired goons have learned their scripts well, and the rhetoric comes gushing forth with little provocation. When I look back I think, "There must be justice for all of us or there will be peace for none." While the question of who is right and who is wrong in this case is an interesting one, it is also something that I cannot and will not comment on, and not just because Dru really struck a nerve with me when he said that mediocrity and normalcy are ideal virtues. That lie is a painful reminder that Dru makes it sound like he's some perfect angel of unstained ethical standards. But it goes further than that; Dru has found a way to avoid compliance with government regulations, circumvent any further litigation, and shout obscenities at passers-by -- all by trumping up a phony emergency. One doesn't need a finely developed sense of irony to note that I shall return to this point in particular. And that's why I'm writing this; this is my manifesto, if you will, on how to maintain social tranquillity. There's no way I can do that alone, and there's no way I can do it without first stating that his prognoses are a cancer that is slowly eating away at our flesh. I know you're wondering why I just wrote that. I'll explain shortly, but first, I should state that if Dru gets his way, none of us will be able to make efforts directed towards broad, long-term social change. Therefore, we must not let Dru overthrow democratic political systems.

Dru possesses no significant intellectual skills whatsoever and has no interest in erudition. Heck, he can't even spell or define "erudition," much less achieve it. I'm sorry if I've gotten a little off track here, but he would have us believe that newspapers should report only on items he agrees with. Such flummery can be quickly dissipated merely by skimming a few random pages from any book on the subject. If you want to clear up these muddied waters with some reality, then tell everyone you know the truth, that you might say, "Dru would rather talk about making changes than actually make them." Fine, I agree. But Dru will probably never understand why he scares me so much. And he does scare me: His ethics are scary, his snow jobs are scary, and most of all, there are some insane anarchists who are warped. There are also some who are grumpy. Which category does Dru fall into? If the question overwhelms you, I suggest you check "both". It is not uncommon for Dru to victimize the innocent, penalize the victim for making any effort to defend himself, and then paint the whole foolish affair as some great benefit to humanity. On the surface, it would seem merely that like other lazy, deplorable bloodsuckers, he has a finely honed ability to sentence more and more people to poverty, prison, and early death. But the truth is that he is afraid of change. You may have detected a hint of sarcasm in the way I phrased that last statement, but I assure you that I am not exaggerating the situation.

Bookish reprobates simply pass through this world sowing the seeds of evil. You might insist I'm telling you this because I like to beat up on Dru. Really, that isn't my principal reason. I don't especially need to beat up on him, because he is already despised by decent and knowledgeable people almost everywhere.

While these incidents may seem minor, if he wants to complain, he should have an argument. He shouldn't just throw out the word "superserviceableness", for example, and expect us to be scared. (Yes, his flimflams serve no purpose other than to hijack the word "mechanicocorpuscular" and use it to destroy our moral fiber, but that's a different story.)

Dru's warnings will have consequences -- very serious consequences. And we ought to begin doing something about that. Given what I know about sick scamps, I can say with confidence that Dru argues that all any child needs is a big dose of television every day. I wish I could suggest some incontrovertible chain of apodictic reasoning that would overcome this argument, but the best I can do is the following: There are three fairly obvious problems with his imprecations, each of which needs to be addressed by any letter that attempts to insist on a policy of zero tolerance toward voyeurism. First, there should be a law against this. Second, phallocentrism is a weapon of stoicism. And third, he should work with us, not step in at the eleventh hour and hog all the glory. While it is not my purpose to incriminate or exculpate or vindicate or castigate, if Dru had done his homework, he'd know that he claims that cultural tradition has never contributed a single thing to the advancement of knowledge or understanding. Predictably, he cites no hard data for that claim. This is because no such data exist. We must do what needs to be done. Our children depend on that. Mr. Dru is not interested in a true and honest improvement of social conditions, but rather in a way to twist the truth. And that's all I have to say.

[ 03-07-2002: Message edited by: MysticNacho ]

[ 03-07-2002: Message edited by: MysticNacho ]

Just wanted to say "you suck" to the guys smoking in the climbers hut on Saturday. I (this is my opinion, and mine only) think it was very inconsiderate to ruin everyone else's experience on such a day to fill the hut with pot smoke. I really enjoyed sitting outside in the cold while you got your groove on. Real smart folks. I bet it's great to be buzzed up at 10,000 feet. Watch out for the Paradise & Nisqually Glacier on your way down.

I know I will probably get slammed on this topic since I am sure a large amount of users on this board are potheads, etc, (only an assumption since there are many threads of the sort) but I have never been so pissed of at 10,000 feet. Plus I know this post will get picked apart since you must defend your right to enjoy "da kine

Just wanted to say "uckyou " to the guys smoking in the climbers hut man saturday. i (this is my Meinung, and Bergwerk only) think IT was very inconsiderate to ruin everyone else' s Erfahrung man such hab day to fill the hut with Topf smoke. i really enjoyed sitting outside in the cold while you got your groove man. Real smart folks. i bet it' s great to Be buzzed up at 10,000 feet. Watch out for the paradise & nisqually Gletscher man your way down. Soeben wollte sagen, daß "Sie" an den Typen saugen, die in der Hütte kletternd des Samstages rauchen. i (es ist meine Ansicht und an mir nur), denken, daß es sehr unüberlegt war, jeder eine Erfahrung von anderer zu ruinieren ein solcher Tag, um Hütte des Topfrauches zu füllen. Ich habe wirklich Vergnügen gehabt, mich draußen in der Kälte zu setzen, während Sie Ihre Rille in Funktion erhielten. Wahre schlaue Leute. Ich habe gewettet, daß es groß ist, nach oben zu 10.000 Fuß bourdonné. Beobachten Sie draußen für das Paradies und den Gletscher von Nisqually auf Ihrem Weg nach unten. Ich weiß ich erhalten wahrscheinlich gehnallt zu diesem Thema, da ich sicher bin, daß eine große Quantität Benutzer auf diesem Brett potheads sind, usw..., (nur eine Forderung, da es viele Zündungen des Sortierens gibt) aber ich war nie so zu 10.000 Fuß pissed.Plus I know this post will get Eisfuhrnein apart since you must defend your right to enjohl "DAS kine"

confused.gif" border="0

[ 03-07-2002: Message edited by: Dru ]

Just it wished to say that " you inhale " the individuals that smoke in the hut of the trepadores Saturday. I (this one is my opinion, and mine only) thinks that experience was very desconsiderado to ruin each one another one in such day to fill the hut of smoke of the crucible. I really enjoyed seating to me outside in the cold whereas you obtained your ignited furrow. True elegant people. I bet that he is great to be hummed for above in 10.000 feet. I watch outside towards for the paradise and the glacier of Nisqually in his way down ** Time-out ** to know I probable to be able to close of blow in this subject since I to be safe one great using amount in this card to be potheads, etc, (only one assumption since to be there much to thread class) but I to so have never to be pissed in 10.000 foot.

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:
Just it wished to say that " you inhale " the individuals that smoke in the hut of the trepadores Saturday. I (this one is my opinion, and mine only) thinks that experience was very desconsiderado to ruin each one another one in such day to fill the hut of smoke of the crucible. I really enjoyed seating to me outside in the cold whereas you obtained your ignited furrow. True elegant people. I bet that he is great to be hummed for above in 10.000 feet. I watch outside towards for the paradise and the glacier of Nisqually in his way down ** Time-out ** to know I probable to be able to close of blow in this subject since I to be safe one great using amount in this card to be potheads, etc, (only one assumption since to be there much to thread class) but I to so have never to be pissed in 10.000 foot.

you're not still talking about the original subject are you?

quote:

Originally posted by gregm:

you're not still talking about the original subject are you?

Just it has wished to say that " sucked " to the types that smoke in the hut of climbers the saturdays. I (this is my opinion and mine) only thinks that other has been many inconsiderate to ruin all experience a such day in order to fill up the hut of smoke of the POT. Really has enjoyed to sedersi to the outside in the cold while you have obtained your rabbet over. Real sly people. I have bet that he is large to be ung in on to 10,000 feet. To watch down outside for paradise & the ghiacciaio of Nisqually on your way. I probably know I will obtain blinked on this subject since are sure that a great amount of customers on this card is potheads, etc, (only one presupposed since there are many threads of the ordering) but never they have been so as to not orinato to 10,000 feet. More I know that this starter shaft will obtain selected to part since you must defend your right to enjoy " the kine give ".

There are strange things done in the midnight sunBy the men who moil for gold;The Arctic trails have their secret talesThat would make your blood run cold;The Northern Lights have seen queer sights,But the queerest they ever did seeWas that night on the marge of Lake LebargeI cremated Sam McGee.

Now Sam McGee was from Tennessee,where the cotton blooms and blows.Why he left his home in the South to roam'round the Pole, God only knows.He was always cold, but the land of goldseemed to hold him like a spell;Though he'd often say in his homely waythat he'd "sooner live in hell".

On a Christmas Day we were mushing our way over the Dawson trail.Talk of your cold! through the parka's foldit stabbed like a driven nail.If our eyes we'd close, then the lashes frozetill sometimes we couldn't see;It wasn't much fun, but the only one to whimper was Sam McGee.

And that very night, as we lay packed tightin our robes beneath the snow,And the dogs were fed, and the stars o'erheadwere dancing heel and toe,He turned to me, and "Cap," says he, "I'll cash in this trip, I guess;And if I do, I'm asking that you won't refuse my last request."

Well, he seemed so low that I couldn't say no;then he says with a sort of moan:"It's the cursed cold, and it's got right holdtill I'm chilled clean through to the bone.Yet 'tain't being dead -- it's my awful dreadof the icy grave that pains;So I want you to swear that, foul or fair,you'll cremate my last remains."

A pal's last need is a thing to heed, so I swore I would not fail;And we started on at the streak of dawn;but God! he looked ghastly pale.He crouched on the sleigh, and he raved all dayof his home in Tennessee;And before nightfall a corpse was all that was left of Sam McGee.

There wasn't a breath in that land of death,and I hurried, horror-driven,With a corpse half hid that I couldn't get rid,because of a promise given;It was lashed to the sleigh, and it seemed to say:"You may tax your brawn and brains,But you promised true, and it's up to youto cremate those last remains."

Now a promise made is a debt unpaid,and the trail has its own stern code.In the days to come, though my lips were dumb,in my heart how I cursed that load.In the long, long night, by the lone firelight,while the huskies, round in a ring,Howled out their woes to the homeless snows --O God! how I loathed the thing.

And every day that quiet clay seemed to heavy and heavier grow;And on I went, though the dogs were spentand the grub was getting low;The trail was bad, and I felt half mad,but I swore I would not give in;And I'd often sing to the hateful thing, and it hearkened with a grin.

Till I came to the marge of Lake Lebarge, and a derelict there lay;It was jammed in the ice, but I saw in a triceit was called the "Alice May".And I looked at it, and I thought a bit,and I looked at my frozen chum;Then "Here", said I, with a sudden cry, "is my cre-ma-tor-eum."

Some planks I tore from the cabin floor, and I lit the boiler fire;Some coal I found that was lying around, and I heaped the fuel higher;The flames just soared, and the furnace roared --such a blaze you seldom see;And I burrowed a hole in the glowing coal, and I stuffed in Sam McGee.

Then I made a hike, for I didn't like to hear him sizzle so;And the heavens scowled, and the huskies howled,and the wind began to blow.It was icy cold, but the hot sweat rolleddown my cheeks, and I don't know why;And the greasy smoke in an inky cloak went streaking down the sky.

I do not know how long in the snow I wrestled with grisly fear;But the stars came out and they danced aboutere again I ventured near;I was sick with dread, but I bravely said:"I'll just take a peep inside.I guess he's cooked, and it's time I looked";. . .then the door I opened wide.

And there sat Sam, looking cool and calm,in the heart of the furnace roar;And he wore a smile you could see a mile,and he said: "Please close that door.It's fine in here, but I greatly fearyou'll let in the cold and storm --Since I left Plumtree, down in Tennessee,it's the first time I've been warm."

There are strange things done in the midnight sunBy the men who moil for gold;The Arctic trails have their secret talesThat would make your blood run cold;The Northern Lights have seen queer sights,But the queerest they ever did seeWas that night on the marge of Lake LebargeI cremated Sam McGee.

"The Cremation of Sam McGee" by Robert W. Service

loosely relevant perhaps? i've always loved this one.

[ 03-07-2002: Message edited by: gregm ]