Muir on Saturday

scot'teryx

Aidan,

Man, I wish I could remember high school...Funny thing is that it wasn't all that long ago. Thats about the only regret I have towards puffin' da ganga.

I don't know about the whole 4X as many carcinogens theory, sounds like Marbro propaganda to me. Don't believe everything they teach you in that there institution!

But hey, its rad that you're stickin to your guns and not followin the crowd. Keep it up and you'll go far.

Respect dawg, Peace Out.

P.S. Ice, Ice baby, too cold too cold... (I wish I could remember the rest!) grin.gif" border="0

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aidian,

Any person worth being friends with would respect your right to smoke or not smoke pot. You should respect their rights and not judge them only on their smoking habits.

I don't know what they teach you in school these days, but back when I was a sprout we used to have to sit through these films ment to scare us away from the evil weed. They were all bullshit of course.

I've heard the same statistic about pot smoke that you sited, but you should keep in mind that smoking one cigarette will expose you to at least 10 times the amount of smoke that the avarage pot smoker gets in one smoke break. If you smoke a pack a day your lungs have to deal with A LOT more smoke, and thus carcinogens, than your avarage stoner.

Your friend that looked sick could have had other problems totally unrelated to smoking pot.

While medical facts back you up on the whole reduced lung capacity thing, I suggest hanging out with some French climbers some day. Those guys smoke cigarettes nonstop and they still function great even at high altitude(no kidding I've seen it).

As to your comment about smoking in the hut, camp Muir is a digusting pit anyway. I think pot smoke improves the conditions in the hut.

Aidan,

I smoke weed, I drink beer, I smoke cigarettes. I dont think anyone would say they are healthy. Just cuz you saw the film Reefer Madness doesn't mean everyone ends up that way. I smoke for relaxation and stress relief most of the time. It is much better for you than beer in my opinion. Alcohol hmmm drink it and you can't see, stumble around losing your balance and drool and slur your speach, as well as make an ass out of yourself. Weed is like mellow yellow. When you first start out you may laugh a lot more though but as your tolerance grows it just mellows you out.

Good for you if you don't smoke. I can tell you that there is a large group of climbers out there puffin away and you may not notice cuz they might have the respect to "take a pee break I'll catch up with you in a few". chap6-01.gif

brakelamp.gif The article refers to the Patriot (worthless hardware). The THAAD project is an improvement to the Patriot. Everyone know that none of the Patriots worked during the Gulf War. The THAAD missile has made three consecutive interceptions and looks like if the next one works with the new technolgy developed here, it will sell like hotcakes. Hot stock tip?

quote:

Originally posted by Ropegun2001:
brakelamp.gif
The article refers to the Patriot (worthless hardware). The THAAD project is an improvement to the Patriot. Everyone know that none of the Patriots worked during the Gulf War. The THAAD missile has made three consecutive interceptions and looks like if the next one works with the new technolgy developed here, it will sell like hotcakes. Hot stock tip?

Does it work on balloons though? [see article]. I say bring back Project THOR.