Muir on Saturday

scot'teryx

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's cause it's so goddamn rare to hear from a 'chick' as you put it. Course from reading all this juvenile posturing, I'm sure you can understand why no respectable woman would ever give the time of day to us wankers and pre-adolescent pud-pounders.

quote:

Originally posted by Figger Eight:
After reading this entire thread, I just realized I that I have forever lost the last fifteen minutes of my life and can never get them back. You guys are a bunch of wankers. Now a chick logs in and everyone starts playing nice. Whatever.
rolleyes.gif" border="0

How can I put this delicately....do whatever you want, whenever you want, so long as you're not snoopin' round my piece of the pie....

Ah, screw that. Beer be good. Smokin' pot? In the opinion of this old redneck, smokin' pot makes you kind of ...kind of girly, know what I mean? It all starts with your first doob. Pretty soon you're ridin' the bus, wearing sandals and stinky beatnik oil. Just a matter of time and your protestin' the WTO and eatin' veggie burgers. Next thing you know, you're chuggin' cock. All starts with a doob. NEVER MAKE A HABBIT OUT OF STICKIN' ANYTHING IN YOUR MOUTH ('cept beer and food).

-----------------------------------------------

Shove that mug up your ass, Charlie.

Well actually smoking is illegal in any federal building. The Muir hut is a federal building. When Ive seen people puffing away at the Muir Hut they always went outside when asked so I've had no problem with them. I have seen plenty of people come in though and start three of four stoves without opening the door and almost kill people...I have a problem with that. I have also been more pissed at the people who left their bags of crap and piss inside the hut for others to clean. I'd prefer smoke to a bio-hazard anyday. Bottom line is ask them to take it outside without being an a**hole about it....if they don't they are fair game to whatever reindeer games you wanna play. All of us do things that others don't like and as long as someone is cool to you when they ask you to take it elsewhere you should act cool yourself.

Holly! I'm right there with you, babe! Talk to me without the megaphone. Yo hablo ingles y espanol! What? Where you goin'? Holly! Come back! Dwayner be jokin'! Holly! Speak to me....ah, dang! did it again....my head is low and I'm headin' for the bottle. Holly! Come back! frown.gif" border="0

aloha, Dwayner. P.S. I'm on pitch 23.

Yes, I agree that Dan's Dreadful Direct should not have been sport bolted. And this harrassment at the Pearly Gates, what has gotten into theses people? Trail park passes suck and so does trailhead harassment by the rangers. The new routes at Frenchman's Coulee have been chopped because they were on private property and some guy who wears a painter's uniform hates sportclimbers. Dan Larson is angry and lambone's name is easily made fun of. This further brings me to once again ponder, what exactly is a moon dance, what is a freshie, and why do i have a "big lou" coffee mug while others are less fortunate?

quote:

Originally posted by Ropegun2001:
Cpt. I've been pondering that question.
Thinkingof_.gif
I bet some snickering geek ass computer nerd will beat me to the punch just to piss me off before I can change it to 2002. If I miss the opportunity I guess I'll have to take a back seat to lameboi and just suck the entire year. Maybe the almighty cc.com board dickbrain god Jon will let me have dibs. Jon?

Interesting strategy cockmaster? Talk a bunch of shit and then ask for favors. Then again it did work with you mom... [Moon]

cc.com board dickbrain god [big Drink]

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: jon ]

Yu know I gave up dat weed shit soon afta highschoo, back in the 70's. Den I got on wit life. Now dat I be a smart-n-sassy wall stree broker, I can honestly say I owe my sexsess to stayin off da weed shit. Don't forget what yo brain looks like afta doin dat weed an crak shit, member dat fried egg commercial on tb? cool.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by hollyclimber:
Cavey...I only want to climb with you...what is this other nonsense.

Charlie...I have no idea what you yell...

Lambone...if I see you I'll tell you about it, because it was fun.

I was just throwing out some crap that only a few people who read this board would know about, because they were there when it happened...when the voice from God called to us on the wall. Its not really that cryptic.

hgb

I only climb dirty easy offwidths that beckey did. I dont think Beckey has a route on El Crap grin.gif" border="0

Pass the shrooms at each belay and then we can climb. cool.gif" border="0 Nice to see you out last night [big Drink]

BTW I still can't climb 5.10 frown.gif" border="0

This reminds me of a run-in I had at the hut on Muir a few Januarys back. After a passing storm dumped ten inches of fluff on the snowfield, I took advantage of a clear midweek day to enjoy some turns without the hoards. After seeing only a handful of people I reached the hut to find a group of two cowering in the corner. I asked them if everything was "ok", one complained of altitude problems, but said he would be alright. So I went about my buisness, eating some lunch before the blissful run I was about to have. I opened my can of tuna and dumped it on a bagel. I heard some mumbling from one of the two and was approached with the request to take my lunch outside the smell was "making my friend sick". I gave him a dumb blank stare, surely he was kidding. But he wasn't. I could not come up with a suitable response and choose to just laugh instead. They got pissed and stormed out to go puke or something. Who cares?

The fact is climbing is a selfish activity and the people that do it are generaly somewhat selfish. We do what we want when we want, whatever it takes to "enhance" the experience, and are extremely critical when ever someone elses actions detract from our own experience.

Smoking pot in the hut, when occupied by other non-smoker types, is in slightly poor taste (unfortunatley it is illegal frown.gif" border="0 ) but deal with it or do something about it. Walking away and snivelling about it later is childish. (although I find it amusing, thanks!)

Does anyone remember awhile back, the guy bitchin about sunflower seed shells at the belays in Darrington? Ha Ha! What a ridiculous thing to focus on after doin a great route!

Oh and Dan, if you eliminate all the potential climbing partners that smoke pot or drink while climbing, you will miss out on a core group that could teach a newbie (and you are a newbie!) a lot of useful knowledge. You are far more dangerous with your invincible attitude than any of the experienced "users" are. Lammy is right, check the statistics. Uh, you suck.

Pope, all pot smokers aren't necesarily odorous Birkenstock wearin hippies!