Muir on Saturday

scot'teryx

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cigarette smoke won't do anything but stink up you're clothes and make you want to gag. But, have you guys ever heard of a "contact high?" Maybe the people complaining about you tools smokin out the hut don't want to get high in any way, shape, or form!? Are you so ignorant/ arrogant that you think someone who chooses and works to live a different lifestyle than you somehow has less rights to the mountains and it's facilities than you? ...pretty lame, guys.

quote:

Originally posted by Dan Larson:
Once again Eric You WERE e-mailed and called repeatedly I was very concerned about you coming out here for no reason. You still have the ignorance to think I should have gone climbing with you instead of seeing my father on his death bed. What an idiot . As for special k and Lambone Losers , Special K says everybody give Dan shit .What apussy loser. I am sure that if anyone confronted you out there you wouldn't be kickin no balls. Like I said before the losers are everywhere.

And you say that stoners lack character confused.gif" border="0 Pops, you are at least twice my age, and listen to you...it sounds like you just got out of 5th grade, you "apussy loser."

Why don't you just stick to your coporate desk job and keep you nose out of things that you are totaly ignorant about - like climbing. rolleyes.gif" border="0

You have been guided up Ranier and the Tooth or whatever, great. That does not qualify you to pass judgements upon other climbers actions.

quote:

Originally posted by Charlie:
cigarette smoke won't do anything but stink up you're clothes and make you want to gag. But, have you guys ever heard of a "contact high?" Maybe the people complaining about you tools smokin out the hut don't want to get high in any way, shape, or form!? Are you so ignorant/ arrogant that you think someone who chooses and works to live a different lifestyle than you somehow has less rights to the mountains and it's facilities than you? ...pretty lame, guys.

I think that the contact high theory is a myth. But I'd agree with you Charlie. People shouldn't be hot boxin a public facility. A pull off a one hitter thats held in is one thing, but roasting up a fat bowl or joint is a little much.

On the other hand charlie, it sounds like a majority of the anti-pot posters on this thread are saying that stoners don't belong in the mountains. Thats pretty lame, and its about the only reason that I'm voicing my opinion here.

quote:

Originally posted by Dan Larson:
Remember Lambert, I have met you . Yes I am 44years old and from what I saw in FAR better shape than you ever will have the discipline to get into.Don't even try to deny it.

Whatever... rolleyes.gif" border="0 So whats your point? Is that supposed to be some sort of threat?

I'm sure everyone is just so glad that you shared that thought with us. Thanks Dan rolleyes.gif" border="0

If I avoided pot smokers, I would be spending a lot of time solo. I'm not even saying I'm not one of them. But, I am saying that whole "if you don't like it, stay out of the hut, fuck you, 'cause I'm a better skier/ climber" attitude is lame. If you want to smoke-out at muir, bring a windproof lighter or a tent. Because that is just inconsiderate.

Once again lets look at the facts.

There were 3 people smoking pot in the hut, there were 3 others there that didn't mind at all, and finally there were 2 other people there who we all talked to, but didn't have the guts to politely ask if the pot smoking could happen outside. I bet if you pointed out the impact it had on others (nicely) we all could have worked out something, but instead Scott chose to wait until he was behind a computer to complain.

So now all we really have is a flame war. I'm OK with that it's a lot better than a real war.

Dan Larson sucks, Dan Larson sucks, Dan Larson sucks, Dan Larson sucks, Dan Larson sucks, Dan Larson sucks, Dan Larson sucks grin.gif" border="0[Moon]

dan and everyone else for that matter i ain't going to get into some petty bullshit with you about anything. matter of fact ti think that i will just go to (spray) yosemite today and be done with the lot. does anyone have anything down there i need to climb for them????

i never said anything about your dad, except sorry about him, so you can kiss my ass. and bone he ain't corperate he is banquet.

peace out i'm going to the sun!!!!! cool.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0cool.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0[big Drink]

Flea Dog climb some fucking sheite! Go do the Steck - Salathe baby! Yeah!!!!!!!! Make sure to smoke a fatty just before the crux too. I would have liked to have done the Central Pillar of Frenzy too. Lines upon lines thwarted us though. Looked like 5 Zillas stacked on top of each other!!!!!!!!!

Have fun dude! [Wazzup]

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: Cpt.Caveman ]

piss2.gifrofl.gif I do judge people on their character as opposed to their climbing ability. There are plenty of examples of good and poor quality folks out there at all levels of expertise. I commend Scott for taking a stand for something he strongly believes. Hopefully a lesson is learned that he would kindly address the issue directly next time. And maybe some other folks may take a little more considerate view of other people. I also live a life without alcohol or drugs, however I do not hold any inferior judgement to whomever chooses to indulge in those activities. Clearly we could all look a bit farther than our own belly buttons.

If I were to smoke dope or drink or anything, the first thing to go would be my iron will to go for hard run outs and climbing level. Second would be everything I've worked my stupid ass off to achieve. I just know I'm going to get sprayed for this one.

There were 3 people smoking pot in the hut, there were 3 others there that didn't mind at all, and finally there were 2 other people there who we all talked to, but didn't have the guts

With those numbers would I have asked the smokers outside? I'm one who occasionaly picks up dropped cigarette butts and hands them politely back to there owners. Would you go down to Morton w/ a friend, into a bar w/ 3 loggers and 3 other people, and start bitching about logging?

You guys crack me the fuck up. And here I was worried that I’d have to work today. So first off, thanks for that.

As for pot and climbing, in my opinion (worth something less than what you paid for it), a little love grass and climbing go together like beans and cornbread, like ham hocks and lima beans, like Birkenstocks and ugly. I’ve been a shitty climber for about 20 years and I can count on one hand the times I wasn’t high and they weren’t nearly as enjoyable. Can I climb harder/better stoned? I have no idea, but I think I’m climbing better and that’s all that matters. To each his own.

It’s my view that in close quarters, in a public place like the hut, it’s just being considerate to ask if anyone would mind before you light up (pot or tobacco). But if you’re on the other side and take offense to the smoking, you should similarly ask them to take it outside. A little communication goes along way.

Good thread. If dies out, bring back Dan’s Dreadful Direct or the Pearly Gates discussions.

bongsmi.gif

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: Downhill ]

We oughta' lock ALL you foo's in the Muir shack with a pound of buds buring on a coleman stove and let you go at it - BATTLE CAGE ROYALE!!

It's really funny guys are taking this subject so seriously, I read the original post lastnight and thought nothing of it and SHAZAM look what we have here this morning! What a joke!

What if you went up to the muir shack and found one of them nude hikers in there? [Moon]

J

We weren't loggers...and I think if you show some verbal tact you could have gotten a long way. Of course if you had walked up to me and told me I was a looser pothead I would have told you to fuck off...basic psychology.

Dan Larson sucks, Dan Larson sucks, Dan Larson sucks, Dan Larson sucks, Dan Larson sucks, Dan Larson sucks, Dan Larson sucks, Dan Larson sucks

Okay, new topic time, k?

I think it has been a valuable lesson learned to myself and hopefully others. Oh yeah, since this is just all bullshit and fun, you all suck!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

PS - I do suck at skiing.

Any tips from you guys for someone that doesn't want to buy more freaking gear but wants to ski some easy backcountry hills? I have never telemarked and don't want to (of course I dodn'tlan on trying rock climbing as well). I actually tried to see if my Koflachs would fit in my rock ski bindings and they did, but is there enough support in plastics? Any thoughts?

[Wazzup]

Once again, start a new post, this one is way old.