Muir on Saturday

scot'teryx

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not being a pot user, Sometimes people who hate pot hate it not because they have "Virgin Lungs", but maybe they hate it for other reasons, like maybe something to do with the past, and have left that far behind. One of my friends Dad's was a pot user (very heavy) and he has zero respect for him now. He hates pot, and anything associated with it. It is not just the burning of the eyes, it is a whole life in the past. I don't hate pot, but I don't like it either, and I am sure that Scott wouldn't mind if it was done outside, it was cold and a little windy there on saturday, I think that it was just it being in the hut, an enclosed area. If I was a smoker I probably would have gone outside, but I didn't go outside and didn't smoke. Just because friends don't like smoke don't assume that they are Lilywhite and that is why they are strongly opposed to it. Also the handicapped bathroom was almost as good as the hut, and it was the only bathroom open....man those tax dollars! rolleyes.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Dan Larson:
Stoners are just another hazard on the slopes and on climbs.Those who are truly responsible climbers wouldn't dream of getting high while out there.I dumped 2 climbing partners who were smart enough to think just because I wasn't smoking I didn't mind they do it in my presence.Uptight ? not at all but this stuff has it's place and it is not in my face or as another objective hazard. We have enough to be concerned with out there. I know it makes you ski better or climb better (B.S.) When you fall in that crevasse remember the loops don't go around your dick and neck. Too bad we have to deal with the idiots out there.

Dude you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Do the math, gumbies who just finished the basic mountaineering course and think they know everything about climbing are the idiots who create hazards in the mountains. (yeah, I'm talking about you)

Peaks that would make you shit your pants have been climbed by bad ass alpinists that function best when baked. Example: First Ascent of Polar Sun Spire. Don't know what I'm talking about...listen up. 50+ days on the wall. More full day A5 pitches than you could count with both hands. Here's a quote from Warren Hollingers slide show - "Our most valuable piece of equipment was the herb kit." Duck taped bowl, lighter, and stash container carried on lead to be used when a good marginal body-weight placement was found.

Go climb something besides the Yak route on Rainer before you start declaring what makes someone a good or bad climber. Get your second year under your belt before you start dissing people that toke and climb.

Uptight, yes...I am. Two words- Fuck off. mad.gif" border="0

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: lambone ]

Scott,

I took a look at a photo of you on your web site and from that I now remember seeing you in the hut. In fact I remember you walking past me and talking to me. You had plenty of opportunity to tell me how you felt right then and there, but you didn't. You chose to go home and hide behind your computer and whine to everyone. So based on that, I think you are a lame ass, wimpy piece of shit.

Who the hell is this Dan Larson guy anyway; I remember him talking about graduating from the mounties last year. He sure seems to know a lot about climbing and climbers based on his (has it been one year yet?) experience. Before you go spouting off about climbers or skiers and drugs Dan you may want to review the history of climbing. Try Yosemity in the 70's. Look at what those guys did while being swacked on stuff a lot stronger than pot.

I don't know you Dan, but I'm pretty sure you suck. tongue.gif" border="0

Cheers to you uptight guys. Your quite funny when you get worked up.

PS you may want to see a doctor about that stick shoved up your ass; I think it reaches your brain stem!

quote:

Originally posted by scottharder:
Just wanted to say "you suck" to the guys smoking in the climbers hut on Saturday. I (this is my opinion, and mine only) think it was very inconsiderate to ruin everyone else's experience on such a day to fill the hut with pot smoke. "

I got the tail end of this session, with those bozos smoking satan's herb. Even a bunch of drunken marmots would had step outside. I used to smoke ganja, but since my Filipino wife and our pastor are adamantly against it. I just think of some good psalms, when I see something like that., so I won't be tempted. I knew this Sub Alpine K, was a bad man, but I didn't realize he was so impolite.

>>I really enjoyed sitting outside in the cold while you got your groove on. Real smart folks. I bet it's great to be buzzed up at 10,000 feet. Watch out for the Paradise & Nisqually Glacier on your way down.>>

I am with you, Bro. I think those Ganja Freaks went down some Nisqually Falls route. I saw one with a Super 8 camera, thinking he was some Martin Scorcese asswipe.

>>I know I will probably get slammed on this topic since I am sure a large amount of users on this board are potheads, etc, (only an assumption since there are many threads of the sort) but I have never been so pissed of at 10,000 feet. Plus I know this post will get picked apart since you must defend your right to enjoy "da kine".
[Moon]

My foccacia bread smell like Acapulco gold, after those Pauly Shore rejects had to sample the herb. Pissed me off, I had to put extra Chevre on it, which I was going use when I got down to Pan Point, for quick bit of energy to the parking lot.

On the other hand, I don't let Sticky Beats like those dudes, try not to ruin my day too much, the descent was nice, gots bits of sun coming down, and it was nice to see the sun breaking through the clouds. I thought I would see god like King Arthur did in "Monty Python and the Holy Grail".

Good post Bro, nothing wrong to talk about manners, not matter what the height. My Pastor always says that to me.

Comradreja.

I agree with Smokey McPot...Hell, I'd be a farmer.The damnest farmer you ever seen. From my shinney silvery walls to the halide and high pressure sodium lighting, and the CO2 enhansed air. I don't smoke nuttin' no more, but I do know how to grow if the Gov't ever legalizes it. And it ain't EZ $ like all the smokers think. Lots of work to produce quality bud.

What I hate the most are those idiots who throw their cigs burning in all out the car window mad.gif" border="0 On going to the Tetons last year the burnt grass (no relation to the potters out there) on the side of the road past Boise was embarrasing where they told you to call 911 for fires, that obviously scorched the side of the road every 50 yards!Put them out and avoid the $550 fine! Shit! I got into it with a "volinteer firefighter" who put one across my car in rush hour traffic. Talk about job security. [Wazzup]

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: To The Top ]

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: To The Top ]

Well, I surely did not want to reply to this thread because so many of you do not understand the meaning of "Personal Opinion". We do live in a society where free speech is a right, and the folks here at cascadeclimbers.com allow us to speak how we feel to many folks in the climbing community, and that is all there is to it. I am not about to say that AlpineK is an ass or anything like that, as matter of fact I bet we could or would be friends, but taking this stuff personally is not what I was attempting to do. AlpineK said, "I'm sorry your such an uptight fuck. I bet your a lame ass skier too". I could come back with vicious and childish remarks, but I lived in Tahoe for 3 years and skied every run at every resort on the Northside of the Lake, so there! (don't have much else to say on that subject, all the artillery I had)Everyone that is so defensive about the fact that they or that they know people that constantly perform better when stoned, that's great and all and I can honestly say I have had more than my share of the herb. Way too much.Bonzo and LameBone, you are way too insecure about your shit. Keep smoking whatever you want, and do whatever else you want, but dont say you would kick someone in the balls if they complained about pot smoke. That's just stupid and childish.I am not even close to as experienced as many of you are, I have only hiked and climbed 3 cascade volcanoes, and still haven't made it up Rainier even after 2 attempts this year. I have only begun to experience gym climbing (1 month) and have never actually done it on outdoor rock. I'm a newbie, that's all there is to it.As far as virgin lungs, and not asking to have some for myself, I can't. I am proud member of a climbing Group called OSAT (One Step at a Time) for the last year. Climbing and hiking is my new addiction and I love it more than any high that I used to get from Alcohol or Drugs. Many of you may say, "What a pussy". Maybe I am, but when I stepped into that Hut, I asked myself why would I want to be in this situation, so I walked out. I don't even know why I began this thread, maybe it was for pity, maybe it was for something else that I was unsure of. But they were only opinions, and that was all. I guess don't have much in common with the majority of the members on this board.If any of you folks that really had strong opinions on what I said want to personally contact me, please do so. Here is my cell phone number 425-346-9302. I do not wish to hide from anyone or anything, I do not do that anymore.Let's start a new thread, like my favorite, "What did you do this weekend?"Keep climbing mountains and don't slip.Scott Harder (I buy my Arcteryx online where I get it for 50 cents on the dollar) [Moon][big Drink][big Drink][Wazzup]

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: scot'teryx ]

Ok, Mr. Scott - sorry to hear that little story. It was more than I needed to know about you, but whatever.

First- Why did you post your silly complaint in the first place if you did not want to here other peoples personal opinions? These are my opinions, don't take them personaly.

Second- Don't call me Lamebone asshole! grin.gif" border="0 I never said anything about kicking you in the balls. I challanged you to complain to the pot smokers (in person). And by the way, I don't smoke pot....often wink.gif" border="0

Third- I got on your case and called you a yuppie because well, thats what we sprayers do. You put your self out there to be shot down. What did you expect?

Good luck in your future climbs. Have fun, don't let other people get you down. (hint- never stay in Camp 4, you will not like it)

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: lambone ]

SideNote:

For all of those who like to puff on Mt. Rainer-Possesion of herb or herb utensils in a National Park is a Federal Offense! I have several friends who got busted in either Yosemite or Yellowstone. Those bastards don't fuck around, be carefull.

Oh yeah, and whatever you do, don't get busted in Nevada (Red Rocks). blush.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by lambone:

Put the bong down when you type Bill!

I wish I had a bong after what Scott said....no I am glad I didn't have one. I was there, and AlpineK is cool, offered me bud--thanks, but no thanks, so is Scott, or the others that were there. It is too bad that we can't all enjoy the mountains just the same. We all go there for the same reasons, but just express them differently. I admit that when it comes to typing it doesn't come across as effectivly as when said in person Bone. tongue.gif" border="0

Scott..Dude did you say you skied every run at every resort on the north side of Tahoe you are such a god. I don't even think I'm worthy of licking your boots. I've never met someone who skied every run at one let alone all of the ski areas on the north shore.

Hahahahahahaha [Wazzup]

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: AlpineK ]