Muir on Saturday

scot'teryx

Just wanted to say "you suck" to the guys smoking in the climbers hut on Saturday. I (this is my opinion, and mine only) think it was very inconsiderate to ruin everyone else's experience on such a day to fill the hut with pot smoke. I really enjoyed sitting outside in the cold while you got your groove on. Real smart folks. I bet it's great to be buzzed up at 10,000 feet. Watch out for the Paradise & Nisqually Glacier on your way down.

I know I will probably get slammed on this topic since I am sure a large amount of users on this board are potheads, etc, (only an assumption since there are many threads of the sort) but I have never been so pissed of at 10,000 feet. Plus I know this post will get picked apart since you must defend your right to enjoy "da kine". [Moon]

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha Scotty grin.gif" border="0 you sure are one uptight bastard. There were at least 3 other people in the hut who didn't smoke and saw no problem with it actually 4 since I just got off the phone with a friend. So screw you you uptight piece of shit. I walk into bars all the time where people are smoking cigarettes even though I don't smoke tobacco.

We had a great ski down to the Nisqually down a gully I've never skied before (I hope that shocks you).

You uptight people make me laugh. Thanks for posting. Any more out there? [Moon]

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: AlpineK ]

quote:

Originally posted by AlpineK:
I walk into bars all the time where people are smoking cigarettes even though I don't smoke tobacco.

[Moon]

It's expected at bars to run into people who smoke cigarettes, but it's not the norm to find that the only shelter on the side of a volcanoe is occupied by a bunch of people smoking pot.Here is a question: If I would have walked in and said, "Hey guys, would you mind putting that out?", would you have obliged? Just curious

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: scot'teryx ]

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: scot'teryx ]

Well Scott I ski up to camp muir a lot so fair warning. grin.gif" border="0 I did offer to share.

I'm sorry your such an uptight fuck. I bet your a lame ass skier too.

Oh yeah you had a question; I most likely would have stepped out with my friends if you had ask politely. And their were no parents with children up there.

Stoners are just another hazard on the slopes and on climbs.Those who are truly responsible climbers wouldn't dream of getting high while out there.I dumped 2 climbing partners who were smart enough to think just because I wasn't smoking I didn't mind they do it in my presence.Uptight ? not at all but this stuff has it's place and it is not in my face or as another objective hazard. We have enough to be concerned with out there. I know it makes you ski better or climb better (B.S.) When you fall in that crevasse remember the loops don't go around your dick and neck. Too bad we have to deal with the idiots out there.

Man I smoke so much pot when I ski. I don't know if it makes me better, but it sure doesn't get in the way of skiing down shit that would make poor little scotty and danny boy wet their pants and go crying for mama.

Interesting topic...I smoke dope and not cigarettes and certainly would have asked anyone already in the hut if they minded before lighting up...cigarettes or dope. If someone objected, I'd have gone outside. Personally, I like the sweet smell of pot vs the acrid smell of tobacco, but to each his own, smoke is smoke. But is smoke any worse than the fumes and co2 (odorless) put off by cooking in the hut? So was it just the nuisance of the smoke or actually the environmental damage to your virgin lungs that bothered you? If it was the former, then wait ten minutes. If the latter, then I'd suggest not going in there at all, at least if someone is cooking. I'm not sure that "everyones" experience was ruined that day, maybe just yours. You have a right to bitch, but yeah, I think it's borderline selfish of you to expect skiiers/climbers not to smoke. I'm not sure if there's a "no smoking" sign on the hut, but who cares. I'm sure these guys weren't the first to smoke in there. GET REAL!!

The hut is a convenience and different folks get different things from it. Any other place in Washington I guess you'd have frozen your ass off!!

Yikes. Who is the uptight one here?

I'll be at Muir next weekend setting up a meth lab in the hut. If you don't like the risks associated with sharing the hut with a meth lab, you are an uptight fuck and should stay away. Oh, and it is too cold to walk to the shitter, so watch where you step.

I think is is rude and selfish to compromise the experience of other climbers by stinking up the hut with smoke from any source. If it is that important to you then do it outside.

-LorenLame-ass Skier

Bonzo you hard skiing stud you. Is it the dope that enables you to make assumptions about people that you haven't ever met or is it your herb enhanced intelligence ..wow man . For some reason I thought this would be an activity with serious individuals involved . Just goes to show the losers are everywhere.

I dunno...Bonzo is one of those guys who's done some pretty tough things on skis...

So the fuzzy facts are: Weed is illegal. Some people smoke weed. Some people don't smoke weed. The wind blows. People who smoke weed need a wind free environment to use it. Their are some handicapped people in the world. They built a handicapped toilet at Muir to help the handicapped people. Some people consider people who smoke weed to be handicapped. Some people who smoke weed do not consider themselves handicapped they consider themselves enhanced. Some people like the smell of weed. No one likes the smell of shit. Maybe we can designate the crapper at Muir the smoke zone and then people who smoke weed can help clean up the air in the toilet and the people who don't smoke weed can smell the old musty sock smell in the hut in relative peace.

Hey, that is a pretty funny idea: Designate the handi-crapper as the smoking lounge. After all, we paid for it. Maybe we could get that info added to "how to not get lost on the Muir Snowfield" flyer.

Good point about the stoves, David. It seems different to me, but I know that is partly because I don't smoke but I do use stoves.

-Loren

See? Yet another example of the Canadians winter sports superiority! We must train more America! Smoke more weed! Smoke more cigarettes.

In a like vein most French uber guides have a galois hanging out of their mouths about 20 hours a day! They don't wanna hear about it at the hut though.

If I meet anyone at muir who is uptight about pot smoke I'm going to kick them in the balls....Fair warning.

Oh yeah I was driving around Washington Pass last weekend, and I saw a car with tele skis on top. I ran those lame asses off the road.

Poor Scot'terx,

So you don't like ganga smoke, boo-hoo, I feel so sad that your cabin experience was ruined. Or were you just bummed cause you couldn't make your double mochachinolatte with vanilla cream in the warm cabin, awwww. Couldn't warm your toesy-wosies before braving the vicious elments on the extreme muir snowfield, darn't all shucks to hell. Just had to pout outside in the wind frown.gif" border="0

Wait hold on... did you even ask them to stop smoking while you were there? Or did you just decide to voice your complaint behind the veil of your secret login name? Show some balls, stoners generally arn't people to be afraid of! shocked.gif" border="0

In my opinion, the only reason you should be complaining is if they did'nt offer you any! I fucking hate that! If you don't have enough to share with everyone, go puff in private... rolleyes.gif" border="0

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: lambone ]