Eagle Scout project at Index Aug. 14-15

rocketparrotlet

My Eagle Scout project has been approved and will be taking place on the weekend of August 14th and 15th. I am looking for volunteers who will be available on one or both of these days. Any help is appreciated. This project will consist of building a trail at Index along the Upper Wall approach trails. Sandwiches and cookies will be provided.

Work hours are from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on both days, but with enough volunteers, we might be able to accomplish the project faster. The trail will be approximately 1,000 feet long and follows the bottom of a natural cliff band (The Endless Toprope wall, I believe it is called).

Please let me if you will be able to help.

Thank you,

Mark

Edited by rocketparrotlet

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope to be able to attend. Not only does this place NEED the attention and others will benefit, but it is satisfying and just plain fun to work on these projects.

I've worked on trail projects at eight or more different Washington climbing areas over the years and not only did I have a good time but I enjoy going back and seeing how these projects have been a good contribution to the areas ever since.