Bliss (infinite)

Ed_Hobbick

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

>>There is no way that I could climb it that fast.

you'd be surprised, I learned a bunch when I did it and am now ready to break that PR. However I'd be up for a training run.

fire guy with Seattle's Ballard station. Not too many SFD ice climbing types.

I can't tomorrow already engaged. Its also not a great day to be on that route. 81F in North Bend and no clouds. It will be a cooker unless you get underway very early.

I can check in with my partner and if shes ok you can join in for local outing.

Are you guys going to add an anchor below the 17 pitch? If so....right on. It was sad to see someone go through all that work and forget an anchor, so you have to either have a couple of 300 foot ropes or rapell off bushes (that is what we did) or down climb exposed 5.3/5.4 loose rock.

I sense an impending sh*tstorm...

Here it comes!

I'll take the bait even though the exchanges I've been reading sound pretty fishy/naive.

Gecko and Company: learn a little history before you go on that thing. It's an illegitimate route, power-drilled in a wilderness area. If you got any ethics beyond your own personal thrills, you should boycott it and certainly not add to the mess. The only reason it hasn't been removed yet is because realistically its going to take a heck of a lot of time and effort to do so. Personally, I would like to see the guys originally responsible step up and remove it themselves.

I sense an impending sh*tstorm...

Here it comes!

I'll take the bait even though the exchanges I've been reading sound pretty fishy/naive.

Gecko and Company: learn a little history before you go on that thing. It's an illegitimate route, power-drilled in a wilderness area. If you got any ethics beyond your own personal thrills, you should boycott it and certainly not add to the mess. The only reason it hasn't been removed yet is because realistically its going to take a heck of a lot of time and effort to do so. Personally, I would like to see the guys originally responsible step up and remove it themselves.

PERSONALLY I would like to see you STFU :fahq: