This is what you want-This is what you get.

Terminal_Gravity

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dru,

There are actually a few things besides the beer that might make it worthwile. There is a grade IV granite wall with only one established route on it, lots of smaller crags (mostly unclimbed),a little winter water ice, some steep alpine couliours and gobs of peaks.

The beer is good. My wife drinks all she wants, then my friends and I drink all we want. I sell the rest and manage to pay rent, and buy climbing gear. The unbelievable thing is that it's all leagal-what a country!

P.S. Even Bonzo is welcome grin.gif

Caveman, I'll see what I can do about the photos - you sicko.

[This message has been edited by Terminal Gravity (edited 09-26-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Terminal Gravity (edited 10-08-2001).]

Doh, you let the cat out of the bag. Seems nobody outside of Oregon has ever heard of the Wallowas ('cept me). I spent about a week backpacking there in '99, had a great time. Scrambled up Matterhorn and Eagle Cap. Ever venture east to the Seven Devils in Idaho? I've been looking at that area for a while now, haven't made it there yet.

Sorry nolanr, I want the cat out of the bag. I think that getting some good climbers out here with aggresive agendas to put up a few routes on all of the virgin and wild rock would be a great thing. There is to much out here to have a protectionist attitude. I gaurantee that it will nevr become another Smith...the approaches are to long.

Wade, check your private message box-at the bottom of the main page.

The seven devils have a lot of potential. and I'm not sure what has or has not been done. The problem I've found is that the access road doesn't open up until late in the season and there is a lot of talus around the peaks. If anyone is interested in exploring the area I could show them around a bit.

Terminal Gravity--No problem, hope you get some serious climbers to come down your way. It's not that the area is unknown, there were lots of backpackers and horse packers around while I was there. It just seems to be a fairly well kept secret w/in OR, hardly anybody I talk to in WA has ever heard of the area.