[TR] MT Washington - North Ridge 7/13/2010

gruntpltleader

Trip: MT Washington - North Ridge

Date: 7/13/2010

Trip Report:

A buddy and I decided to attempt Mt Washington to escape the heat of the valley. we stepped of on the pct at a truly late start 0730, cranked the Ipod with the mollies and headed for the climbers cairn. we made good time and eventually gained the ridge. we both decided at this point that we were 1 old, 2, fat and 3 unexperienced. we fueled up and headed to the saddle arriving 6 hours after beginning. There was an outward bound group rapping down to the saddle and would keep it busy for at least another hour. At this point my buddy chickened out and would go no further. I did not feel comfortable climbing the pitch without a belay and we headed down. absolutely beautiful views from the north ridge and will have to come back in a couple of weeks with a new partner.

Gear Notes:

slings, 60m rope, 20 lbs of fat on way up, 180 lbs of chicken on the final pitch

Approach Notes:

lots of snow still and this led to some bushwacking, but as long as you are going up you will gain the ridge. gps coord for climbers cairn led to easy nav

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...