ever embarass yourself?

haireball

over the years, I can claim some fame for a case of "foot-in-mouth-disease" that seems to be chronic. probably the best example I can think of is a couple of years ago on a trip with Fred Stanley and some lesser eastside legends. We got to talking about Liberty Crack, a route I had enjoyed enough to repeat, and in the heat of my enthusiasm, I asked Fred if he'd done it! The group got pretty quiet, and then Dr. S politely pointed out my gaff. Made for a helluva good laugh! Anybody else out there ever really put your foot in it?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the first time teddy Ruxpin and i climbed togther I wound up sitting on my crampons at the base of a snow gully when my leg cramped up as I was sitting down to put them on...that was the first time he got a look at my bare ass, but boy was it embarrasing!!!

i was reading a thread on ukclimbing.com about embarassing stuff and there was a funny post about some guy who took a dump in the alps and when he put his gloves on afterwards found he had managed to deposit a 'hand warmer' in each one! bashy.gif

I did the same thing- Fred Stanley was giving a talk at the CWU outdoor club meeting. He gave a talk on local hikes in the area. He stated that he was more of a mountaineer, but would go ahead and talk about hikes. After the meeting, I talked with him, asking about what climbs he had done(Mt Stuart, Liberty Bell...) He said he had done them once or twice. I knew I had heard his name before, but I couldn't place where. When i got home, I flipped through some guidebooks- boy, did i feel like a jackass!