Timberline Toilet Poll

billbob

Have you, in the last year or so, ever found the bathroom door at the Timberline Lodge Climber Registration area locked? What did you do? Where did you go?

Suggestions / comments?

PM's fine.

Responses will be forwarded to the Management.

Thanks!

Bill

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The T-line vendor/operator, RLK and Company, maintains the climber's registration room and the associated toilet. It would be interesting to know why the door to that toilet is usually locked. It might have something to due with it being an already grungy public space (the toilet) that attracts unscrupulous people who leave gross messes behind and hence, RLK would rather leave it locked than have to continually clean it up. Just my guess.

The toilets within the day lodge are open to the public during the day when the day lodge is unlocked. Unfortunately the building is locked at night. Follow Maine-iac's advice and use the main lodge's toilet at night.

The east end of the day lodge including the climber's registration room may undergo a remodel in the near future. Lets hope that the toilet is included in the plans and if so that access to it improves.

What the south side of Hood really needs is a shit bucket between Crater Rock and the top of the Palmer chair lift. 10s of thousands of skiers, hikers and climbers pass through there each year. Every loose rock on the ridge just above the chairs has a turd hiding under it.

Have you, in the last year or so, ever found the bathroom door at the Timberline Lodge Climber Registration area locked? What did you do? Where did you go?

Suggestions / comments?

PM's fine.

Responses will be forwarded to the Management.

Thanks!

Bill

I've never seen it UNlocked.

So, I usually drive back to Portland and use my personal potty box on my back deck, then drive back to Timberline.

• 1 month later...

Climbers should try to use the restrooms at the Govy Camp rest area as they are driving to T'line. While not very clean, they are the closest reliable and convenient toilets.

I know, this does not help once on route, but it usually works for me. Over the last few years, I never recall the climber sign in loo to be unlocked.

I'd LOVE to see a functional toilet as part of the climber registration redesign!