HUGE CAM wanted!

I am living in Vancouver and have had my eye on Squamish's classic Pipeline, an 8 inch overhung off-width. Does anybody have a Valley Giant #9 laying around they would be willing to part with for a reasonable price.

I could go with big bros, but I like the giant cam idea better.

Thanks for any help!!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd be better off getting a good armoured cup for your balls, which will be getting extremely intimate with the edge of the crack the whole time you are grinding your way up the squeeze.

Testicular torsion occurs when one of the testicles rotates, twisting the spermatic cord and cutting off blood flow to the testicle. Symptoms include sudden, severe pain in one testicle that may radiate to the lower abdomen; swelling high in the scrotum; nausea and vomiting; and fever. Testicular torsion is a medical emergency...without prompt treatment the testicle can be permanently damaged and may have to be removed.

http://home.pacbell.net/takasper/slcd/valleygiant.html

Tom Kasper is still making them...for now. He's talked about stopping. Not reasonable ($175) but new:-)

Good luck

One might re-define "reasonable" near the top when you have that beauty plugged in next to you.

They're [VGs] top notch by the way - worth it for the pro and years of conversations you'll have...

You don't need anything bigger than a #6 for Pipeline.

whatever...get a VG 9 if you can...you'll be glad you did...or substitute some big bros....the wild country 6 only gets you about 35 feet off the belay...

10 star experience! :tup:

Mine is not for sale, but collecting dust. I'd be willing to loan it out for a month or so for couple good sixers plus a deposit. Trouble is that I'm in Portland, it'd be up to you figure out how to get it up there and back.

I got it specifically for Pipeline, but got way too fat waiting for Tom to make a batch up... I also have a couple big-bros I'd loan out as well.

Tom is still making them. It took him a month to make my number 9. I just got it two weeks ago. Here I am wearing it at the yosemite apron:

IMG_0811.jpg

And here it is after saving my sorry butt on Generator crack, Yosemite. Yes, it really does work, even severely over cammed.

IMG_0884.jpg

But, no, I won't loan it out. It's my new baby, are you kidding? I learned an interesting thing after hanging on it while trying to lead Generator. Big cams do not a crack climber make.

That is Sue, my better half, and my belayer.