Black Diamond Quantum Pack

Lucky Larry

I really like the way it fits me better than any pack I've owned and the way it packs, but all those adjustable straps that become too long when i cinch them down for a smaller load start whipping me in a heavy wind. I'm beginning to think it's not that great if I have to take a whipping from the mountain and the pack too.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Hey oldlarry, or anyone else whos got one, hows the durability seem? Looks like a good pack but lots of reviews online say it'll crap out in no time.

I've had the 65L for about 2 years and have used it for alpine and ski trips. Just back from 2 months in Bolivia where it was thrown and tied on top of mini vans, sat on by Cholitas, tied on burros, tossed in boat bottoms, and used by me with big loads and then stripped down for summits. Generally came through well, found it carried well, and I like the simplicity. I never used that big side zipper and I saw one review where the person had some wear issues. It looks a bit worn but I'm satisfied.