• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Bob N

Hood Snowcat Space Available Saturday, July 10

We've reserved the 2am snowcat on Saturday July 10th, and there's room for several more people. We leave from Timberline Lodge at 2:00 a.m.

First come first served. We'll split the $200 cost equally between everyone who goes (12 seats max.), so the cost will be between $17 and $33 each (depending on how many we end up having). The cat takes you up about the first 2500 feet to do the standard south-side routes (Pearly Gates or Old Chute). Bring your skis or snowboard for the trip back down.

Just send me a PM if you're interested in reserving some spots.

I wish I could join you in the snow cat on the 10th, but I won't be climbing until later this month. Where do you purchase the snow cat rental?

You need to call Tani at Timberline Lodge at 503.272.3106 (or email at tmiller@timberlinelodge.com). It costs $200 for the whole snowcat and you need to find other people if you want to share the cost. The snowcat holds up to 12 people. They only run on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday through the end of July.

I think you might need someone mixing Bloody Mary's for the ride up??? or maybe some Red Bull/vodka? We're talking survival here.