Negativity is bad for our sport

mattp

quote:

Originally posted by jblakley:

guys, no offense but I don't think it serves any purpose to argue on the bulletin board. You have access to each others mailboxes why not keep it there?

Cause some of us like to watch fights! Welcome to The SprayCage!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only problem with watching a fight on a BBS is that it leaves too much to the imagination. I want to see some MFing hard core gore and violence. Cavey, Lambone would you guys be so kind as to set up a web cam so we can watch you two beat the holy piss out of one another? That would be most kind.

Well I will say the topo for Castle Rock, mainly the upper part, is probably the poorest topo in Viktors book. I found it easy to get confused about which route runs where in the upper part of the Rock above Angel. but all the routes seem to merge anyways...and be about the same difficulty. Viktor maybe for the next book you need to blow this section up a bit or use some shading or colors to distinguish one route from another*? See that is a polite criticism but I'm certain V. was glad to know that someone out there thought the topo was poor whether it was expressed in my fashion or in another way.

*Or maybe some text explaining which line is followed where? In the topo the pod of Saints looks like a double crack system, not a pod, until you figure it out. Too many lines of the same thickness = confusion.

Retro -

It's easy to criticize your action because they are so wrong. But tell me since it appears that my track record is important in my appearent criticism your actions how exactly does that work? I'll ge tthe ball rolling:

1 I am a mad bolter and rap bolt all the time.

2 I am an experienced trad climber with balls of steel and I never clip bolts.

3 I am a DFW manager walking along the base and see obviously damaged hangers.

Three situations different background tell me how the differing background in each situation will make an analysis of your action easier or more difficult. Remember we are not talking about the form of the conclusion here but simply the difficulty of the process.

Well I received a two PMS that pretty much tell it all:

from the Cap'tn:I am going to chop all the bolts you put in.

From Mr. X:If you are curious about new routes, primarily in the Leavenworth area. I will give you some info via. personal email.

Another case where the site looses out do to negativity.

In response to those wondering why routes weren't posted: (see another thread) some people I have talked to pretty much fit in with Matt's respone but a most I talked to simply do not want to report here because they choose to give the site no legitimacy.

People are choosing not to post not because they are scare of the "big monsters" here but as I said before they are disgusted by the people posting here.

Pope (AKA I have not come to bury the well respected NW climber but to praise him) ask Respected PNW climber how nice you are. First you say "I wont remove your bolts" then you help instigate a series of threads bashing him then when the bashing gets really hot you comeout in a series of lame posts supporting him. Maybe I should should open up a pychoanalytic couch similar to your confessional. Come on the Dr. is in! All in all and great show of negativity and as someone else said in a post not too long ago .."slimey"

Dru, from DDD restored page 2:"And why don't you fix those topos for Castle Rock; they suck" There are other similar quotes but Ill let you find them. By the way, I neglected to thank you for your support yesterday the the "kettle" is certainly black!

Cavey -

Seems surpising that you are concerned with the truth in your post exchange with lambone after telling express untruths about my comunication in PMs to third parties. I am still waiting for a refutation of my logic.

Peter

Hey,hey,hey... I never said anything about violence. Caveman would cruh me. Anyone who knows me would bet on him and no one would win anything.

Cavey, go back and check it out, you are the one who brought this debate to this board. What are we debating anyway? Nothing. I guess I was just calling you a spraying macho loser, but that is common knowledge. And yes I have every right to take attacks on VW personally. I spend alot of time there, I really like 99.9% of our regular customers, and I try to make them happy so they feel like they are getting their $'s worth. I don't know what that employee at Redmond is all about, but come down to Seattle and I bet you'll have a different experience. See ya.

Peter Eater,

It is very easy to stand behind a veil of anonymity and criticize others based on their track record when you have none of your own.

I did smash those hangars at vantage out of respect for tradition and the environment. I did no damage to the rock and no increase in visual impact at all, merely rendered the bolts unusable. I chopped the bolts at first and then they grew back as half inchers. I hammered them flat and the lemmings just strainghtened them back out anc clipped them.

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

Peter since you have decided not to identify yourself I treat you like you are. Another faceless name. Dont expect much effort until then...