Negativity is bad for our sport

mattp

Yeah well all I got to say is that was not my first..

But if you so desire bring your gardening tools tongue.gif And if you belay me be prepped for large clumps of dirt to fall on your head along with moss etc. I clean on lead wink.gif

You should read about the first climb of Fairview Dome. Very interesting if you ask me.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What Smoot got right though is photos: relevant angle, better zoom. They are better than Nelson's, Beckey's and are/could be a great addition to Kramar's topo's. I haven't done a comprehensive comparison though yet.

Dru, you gotta ask Mr. McLane to extend his guides further south...

Cleaning on Lead - that stuff is fine for Leavenworth or Skaha where it is dry but try it at Squamish, or, I dare say, at Index.

"Ok climbing" (2 moves)

"Take" (grabs haul line) "Chainsaw!"

(belayer ties on chainsaw)

grunt, oof, oof, scrape scrape, Brmmm! Brmm brmmmm "timber"!

dink dink scrape as chainsaw is lowered....

"Trowel!"

(trowel is tied onto haul line) dink dink scape (and hauled)

Dig dig dig dig dig dig

"Backhoe!"

I've always agreed with the sentiment that when you spend 40 hours on rappel cleaning a one pitch route its kind of superfluous to then bolt it on lead. But if you wanna clean on lead... BOLD BABY BOLD! Just like Johnny Dawes, Pritch and Crispin Waddy!

So it turns out Lammy is pissed that I posted that thread at Vworld. He took it personally and now is my "enemy" hahahahahahah. I merely sent the IAMBONER directions and stuff to a crag.

Beginning of Quote

Dude,

I can't believe you took me seriously. Get over yourself, and don't send me anymore of this bullshit. I don't care what the fuck you have done.

I was starting to like you until you had to go and rag on the Vertical World on Cascade Climbers.com. Now, you can fuck off! You want enimies, you got 'em.

These are my opinions, and not those of the VW. So don't go spraying that Lambone the VW employee said this about bla, bla, bla...

Yeah, I know how big and tough you are, and how many tatoos you have, so keep your threats to yourself.

matt

Once again you simply jump to conclusions. If I knew who climbed them all then I might tell... Either way Viktor has all that info and should release it in his guidebook..

Furthermore you are obviously trying to dig some shit up on me and that is all. Your buttons are the ones getting pushed in the end Lambone. I initially offered some info with a friendly nature.

I am going to have a good weekend why dont you try to do the same.?

Girls, girls, kiss and make up! (sorry to those girls offended by my use of this term to describe Lambbond and Capt.)

Man when I worked in a gym- anybody ragged on my gym - I agreed with them! What the hell, how can you expect quality employees when you pay minimum wage and hire people who have only been climbing for 4 months... you get whatcha pay for. My favorite part of working was watching the part owner trying to pick up the 14 year old belay girl employees. (the other part owner and junior team coach had just married the 17 year old junior girls Canadian champion...) Dayz of the Week yeah! They should make a daytime (spraytime?) soap about a climbing gym.

Sorry slapphappy. This was all just to prove a point that the original message behind this thread is true.

I figured caveman would be the easiest to rile up for my experiment.

He gave me the perfect oportunity by sending that list to my e-mail.

No hard feelings cavey.