Eddie Bauer Peak XV down jacket, GONE?

Dane

If you didn't get one during the 1/2 price sale they are currently $269. But I saw the newest version at Whitaker's this week in Ashford. Reinforced shoulders and arms, might heavier and harder to stuff. New price is $300.

Too bad as EB could have continued on and improved a great lwt climbing jacket. Instead they bailed and started to copy the rest of the herd and raise the price in the process.

At $269 the earlier LWT version is one of the best high loft down climbing jackets on the planet. Now is the time to buy if you ever wanted one as the original LWT version is about to dissapear I suspect.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record it appears the Portland Washington Square Mall location (and maybe other spots?) is having a sale that extends until November 8th. I picked up the LWT one Dane is talking about, for $129.50. Size small on a postal scale in the 'stuff sack' was 33oz. It is listing for $259, but I used a half off coupon a floor person told me to ask the cashier about.

You can find coupons online, or simply prompt the cashier for additional discount information--I was told floor people can tell you about discounts but checkout people cannot unless you ask them first if there are any other better discounts available.

Was there with my fiance for her clothes shopping and I wanted to eye the First Ascent stuff--had zilch intention of buying anything but at that price I figured it was worth it for the 2-5 times a year I'd use it. hell, at that price you could gut it and use the down for a summer quilt and still save money on having gotten that much down for the price.

I just looked too and couldn't find anything but my fiance had a printed 25% off your entire order coupon.. it looked like maybe she got it in her email box. The salesperson saw that and dropped the hint that there was a 1/2 off coupon after I actually talked seriously about using the jacket only a time or two a year on Rainier or during some uber cold snow camping. (providing justification on why I would not pay $259 - 25% off for something I would use so infrequently)

It ended up being a code like 4342? they had to punch in at the register. I'll see if it is on the receipt when I get home-if so I will post it.

They did specifically say it was only for that store, it wasn't for ordering online. I'd recommend calling them (503) 624-0704 and asking. They could probably set the jacket aside too (Sale went till November 8th).

good luck

as per my receipt the code they used is 4323 -- gives 50% off

shows:

410013127425 M JKT DOWN N 259.00

NOV 50%/$0 50.0 4323 -129.50

-------------------------------------------

I'd specifically mention that code when calling, if they aren't otherwise forthcoming.

Eddie Bauer had had some sweet sales. I scored a Downlight Sweater (usually $169) for $70 this summer...used it on several trips and very happy with warmth to weight and quality. If I didn't already have a burly hooded down jacket, I'd be all over this too! Thanks Dane, but my wife would kill me if I bought another one.

I called our local store today..coupon number is good..seems to have been an emailed coupon. Good in store only and only on one full priced item. If you don't have the coupon, someone who does you can pass it around. Then take a printed version in with you for the 50% off.

If not, I was told, just ask.

If any women are looking for decent gear my wife says what she has tried on is really cut very well for a woman. With the hard core female climbers they have on board with the First Ascent gear I am not surprised.