*please delete*

octavius

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the dates on them...?

And do either have a small punched 'dimple' just below the round head the axle goes through...?

The "dates" stamped on the bottom are 2 06 on both.

I don't see dimples on either. I just looked at a few sample photos of the recalled versions on the web.

Sell 'em for at least 30% of what you paid new, or take 'em to Ebay. Price gouging your fellow local climbers. :noway:

If these are selling for $100 on ebay, then $70 here seems like the opposite of price gouging. What I paid for them isn't the issue.... the dollar has devalued a lot since then.

Anyway, as I said, if anybody is interested, email the address I put in the ad.

Is the punched dimple definitive for the alien issues these days? I hear so much hearsay about aliens it's hard to filter out the important stuff.

So, no dimple, outside production dates of 1104-1205 = good-to-go, right?

for instance I have a blue and green with dates of 1105 and 805 respectively, but no dimple. I'm not sure what to do with these. I'm assuming they are safe w/o the dimple.

Wish that were the case, but some pre- and post-recall and non-dimpled 04-05 Aliens have failed, though any 05 cam would be suspect for sure. Best bet would be to hope for the best with pre- and post-recall cams and give any Alien that hasn't been fallen on a good bounce test.

Sell 'em for at least 30% of what you paid new, or take 'em to Ebay. Price gouging your fellow local climbers. :noway:

So by asking him to undervalue these to a "bro" you're asking him to give someone he doesn't even know some money: ie, the difference between what they are worth and what you think he "should" be selling them for. By not sending us some of your money Crillz, you are fucking us over and ripping us off. How about we all give YOU our address's and you can just send us all some of that money burnig a hole in your pocket? samesame, but different. See?

What's your address?

What percent of the money that I wont make since I'm not selling anything do you want?

What you're saying is correct, but it feels dirty on cc.com - we're like a big disfunctional family, aren't we?

Edited by Crillz

So is anyone actually interested in these? Or are you all just prattling about what he's trying to do?

Lol yeah I was considering objecting to the spray on my thread but... free message boards and all that come with such risks... and given that some of the dates have been recalled I don't mind the questions about the production dates...

The guy that doesn't understand the economics of luxury items is another matter... (btw for what its worth to that poster "price gouging" is a pejorative best reserved for economic necessities such as food, housing, health care, etc... not for sports gear)

But I have gotten some email interest.

I originally had no interest in "bidding" these, and was just gonna sell with the rest of my rack (which is now sold) but was told there was a lot of interest in aliens at the moment. Its been interesting seeing the responses.

Edited by octavius