Go Pro Hero Cam

jonesy

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a friend in the business who has one and the quality and performance is impressive from the footage I've seen. But, be careful as the sector is evolving fast. For example, the Drift HD170 camera was just released a few months ago (see below) and seems to be superior in many aspects to the HD GoPro.

http://pointofviewcameras.com/drift-hd170-1080p-action-camera.html

drift-hd170-1080p-action-camera-2_1.jpg

I just started using the gopro and so far I am really digging it.

Good battery life.

Pretty easy to use.

I don't like the lack of lcd screen to preview shots/vids but I guess there is a screen you can buy as an extra.

The quality of video is freaking amazing and ezpecially when on the 1080dpi setting and played back on a good television.

The only downside I am experiencing is the video editing process - freaking huge file sizes and it is ssllooww.

I have a feeling this has more to so with my lack of ability though and certainly nothing to do with the camera.

Hero HD is great.

Small. Light. Good batt life. Superb mounts. Inexpesive OEM accesories and extras. Killer footage quality. And you can buy it at REI or Backcountry.com and take advantage of their 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.

720p @ 30fps is fine for everything I've done the files are a bit smaller. Even taken it SCUBA diving. Waterproof to 180'. I pushed it to 60'.

• 1 month later...

Drift looks slick, but waterproof to 1.7 feet? I can't even take it into the tub! The 180 feet of the Go Pro is a huge selling point, although the basic controls are almost a big of a drawback. Too bad the Drift controls can't be meshed with the Go Pro camera hardware...

My dad and I used an HD hero for a 5 week motorcycle trip through AK this summer and it was great. Video was really good as others have said. Biggest down side are the controls and having to guess where its pointed. If using the full waterproof case, the audio sucks. Overall, its awesome. Took the old non HD version up in the tetons and even then it was cool.