Equinox Rock and walker boulders ( devils pit)

Garrett

So I have been hearing about this place for awhile now but yet to find it. Is there anyone out there who can tell me where equinox rock is? Also, since this place is near walker boulders has anyone been out there and what kinda bouldering potential is there. I know this place is not traveled. any help is much appreciated.

Garrett

Edited by Garrett

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the Walker Valley boulders as a pretty mossy place. Huge boulders but it seems like the landings there would be gnarly if you were bouldering as you would fall onto other rocks. We just rope climbed.

Dallas Kloke posts on here and he wrote the guide to the place. Myself, I don't know anything about Equinox rock.

I have never heard it called Equinox rock. Are you referring to what was once called Split Rock?

I spent an entire Summer years back linking roads and pouring over old maps until my partner at the time Bruce Bauer and I found Split Rock.

We did a climb called Fat Mans Terror or something like that it went up through a cool spelunking type crawl through chimney.

There was/is a huge split throught this bigger than house sized boulder that had some VERY steep walls on the alley or split.

It was pretty mossy up in there and pretty slick too.

All the boulders around the vicinity of the Split Rock did indeed have pretty poor landings.

There were other glacial erratics in the woods of the side of the roads leading into the area that had some potential.

I think I have some photos I will try to dig up but if this site actually lets me upload them is a different story.

I am not sure one could drive up there anymore and it would be a heck of a walk in...miles and miles, but I do know that my dual sport equipped buddies have no problems getting there.

It has been over 15 years since I have been there so I would have to look at a map or talk to my buddy to get my bearings straight again.