Looking for Partner for Alpine Climbing

RoJay

I have been away for a while but am back and want to get in some alpine climbing this summer.

I can lead 5.7-5.8, have a bit of glacier experience, and plenty of snow experience. I have a lot of experience in wilderness navigation and routefinding.

I am wanting to do some moderate alpine rock and glacier, especially with an eye towards doing peaks that aren't done as frequently.

I have lots of gear. Contact me if you're interested in doing some climbs.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey RoJay,

I am fairly new to the mountains, but am interested in your offer. I have only climbed sports routes (taking a trad class in september though), and am now leading about 5.8 as well (I tope rope around 10c - 10d). I just completed Mountain School in Spokane, through the Spokane Mountaineers, during which I learned the basics: winter camping, safety, glacier travel, crevasse rescue, etc. Much of this information is not backed up by much experience, just a day or two of exercises and a couple trips. So, depending on your objectives, and what knowledge you would be willing to impart, I would definately like to go on some trips this summer.

• 2 weeks later...

RoJay, not sure what your availability is like, or your transportation situation, but we're going to be in the Canadian Rockies (about 11 hr drive from Seattle)in a couple of weeks, flying in on Sat July 24th. Plan on climbing Mt Forbes that Sun - Tue/Wed. Remote peak, about a 1 day hike in from the road. Classic big glacier climb ending in a moderate snow/ice face (no technical rock). We're two right now and would like a third if you're interested.

Dave

dvarga10@hotmail.com

Hi, I am new to the area and eager to climb. I would like to do as many peaks as possible. Last week I did Mt. Si and yesterday went up to Camp Muir on Rainier for training. I have transportation (truck) so getting anywhere will not be a problem. I dont have any experience with being roped in or glacier travel but I am in great shape and am a fast and motivated learner. Thanks, look forward to hearing from you.