Lost Camera, Mount Washington (Oregon), 6/26/2010

thefritz

Lost: portable Panasonic camera on Mount Washington (Oregon peak), Saturday June 26, 2010. I believe I set it down while belaying, right at the anchor at the top of the first pitch on the summit block. I would very much appreciate its return.

Fritz

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Need any beta? I was just there... briefly: lots of snow, hard to follow the PCT or any trails down below. Solid, consolidated snow and good footing on the east side of the north ridge. Summit block is clear.

I have GPS routes if you're interested. I'll probably post a full trip report in a few days.

Thanks,

Fritz

All I used was one anchor built with about 8 ft of webbing, biners for that, and one rope. I can free climb that block no problem, but if you're more nervous on rock you might need to set something else. My team (of 9, inexperienced) didn't need any pro except on that first pitch, but some teams in the past have appreciated setting anchors in a couple spots above, especially for descent. I brought enough for three anchors, but only used one.

I've never used any trad up there. If you're experienced enough to set that stuff, you're probably good enough to free climb it.

Just watch for rotten rock, that's the main issue. And watch your fall lines, rocks always come down.

Finding the trail is a challenge, hope you have some GPS guidance or good nav skills.

Good luck!