My Spot Open! IMG Rainier Seminar July 11-17

PavonisMons

My Spot Open! July 11-17, International Mountain Guides Glacier Skills Seminar, Mt. Rainier - I just got a stress fracture in my heel while training, and my spot on this coveted IMG seminar is open. If you want to climb Rainier this summer but you missed out on the guided spots, let me know. Otherwise, this spot will just go to waste.

From IMG:

The Glacier Skills Seminar is International Mountain Guides "high end" training program. It is designed as an in depth skills and training seminar for people with aspirations for more climbing in the future who want to spend a significant amount of time becoming familiar with these skills. This is excellent hands-on training to prepare for any of the big, high altitude, glaciated, technical peaks in Alaska, South America, the Himalayas and elsewhere, but is specifically focused on increasing alpine climbing skills in mid-summer conditions.

The Seminar climbs the mountain in expedition fashion, working its way up the mountain from camp to camp, in order to eventually put the team in position to summit, and to familiarize you with the day to day fundamentals of expedition climbing.

Training and skills sessions include anchors, self and team crevasse rescue, ice climbing, route finding, glacier travel and fixed line ascension. The seminar is specifically scheduled for mid summer to capitalize on firmer snow conditions and more exposed crevasses for glacier training. The route of ascent will be the best late season choice: via the Paradise and Cowlitz Glaciers to the vicinity of Camp Muir, with a high camp on the Ingraham Glacier.

This is an excellent program for anyone with the desire to increase their technical climbing skills in preparation of more challenging climbs. Unlike our summit climbs, this program is not solely focused on making it to the top. The primary goal is training in expedition climbing skills. At the end of the program we will climb to the summit as a team, utilizing all of the training we have learned during the seminar.

Edited by PavonisMons

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic