How bad are the ticks at Tieton currently?

jlag

Anybody got any idea how bad the ticks are there currently? With the late season warm up i wonder if they'll pick me up and carry me away.

maybe i can get one of them to rope gun for me?

any help would be great, thanks

Jlag

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm out of commission awaiting shoulder surgery, but explored some new areas on Tuesday. Found 4 ticks on me (none attached). I was high up in the drainage, though, and crashed through a lot of heavy brush.

Had many more encounters with elk/deer/cattle. And chipmunks.

Andy,

I remember a while back I think it was you posted a link to another forum discussing some new route development...either at the bend or moon rocks or something like that. I know that is a really vague description, but does that ring a bell at all? Thanks.

-Kevin

Andy,

I remember a while back I think it was you posted a link to another forum discussing some new route development...either at the bend or moon rocks or something like that. I know that is a really vague description, but does that ring a bell at all? Thanks.

-Kevin

Yeah, last fall maybe (?) I posted beta on the Edgeworks site about some new routes at the Chunkyard (just east of Moon Rocks) and a few other cliffs. Someone else cross-linked to cc.com. I'm too lazy to hunt it down right now, but PM me if you'd like me to send it directly. Hope all's well Kevin.

Ticks none, Rattlers around. Coming from someone that DOES NOT LIKE Rattlesnakes it was tolerable. But, snakes were quite present. They love the lower boulder area approaching on the trail to The Bend. Some big fatties just lounging on the trail.

The best was the "flying snake". I kinda recall just seeing a post not too long ago about flying snakes. Well, this morning i witnessed that first hand. While Frankie was going up cool crack at The Bend, a snake(not rattler) literally hucked itself off of an 70 foot cliff. Missing him by 3 feet, and me having to yell "SNAKE" from the bottom. Classic good times. The snake slithered away.

weather was great, no crowds at all, climbing was great and MORELS are going off.

JL

• 9 months later...