Old pro

rocketparrotlet

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try the 3rd pitch of the South East Corner of Beacon Rock. There is some scary stuff on that one. Weird hangers with button heads.

Huh? I can't think of any hangers on p2 or p3 of the Corner.

I am sure there were at least one rotten nasty tinfoil looking hanger just above and left of the crux on the 3rd pitch.

Oh, I know where you mean. It's on the original high traverse variation - I never go over there, so out of sight, out of mind. Not sure who considers that p3 rather than p2. Yeah, those old hangers are sometimes dubious which is a shame because by and large the split shank buttonheads they're on will still be around long after Beacon has turned to dust.

Except for being flattened, this looks like one of the meat cleaver hangers that originally protected a pitch on Silent Running.

It actually looks like it was a good hanger until it got whanged, I wonder what the story is.

Given the abrasions, I would bet rockfall. It's clearly made of aluminum. Maybe even some hardware extrusion. Not what I would call "good".