found: ham and cheese on rye...and emmons cond.

cms829

LOL. While descending the interglacier on Thursday 6/17. A Ham and cheese sandwich on rye. Sorry I didn't have the energy to carry it back up to you.

As far as conditions, we were on the mtn from mon-thurs. Approach is in great shape with minimal hazards to schurman. Tues-wed night was off and on stormy with snow. Don't know exact accumulation but enough to create 3-4 ft drifts at schurman. Went for the summit wed night at 3am and encountered a mix of firm, soft, and icy sections. Some small drifting less than 1ft. Mostly wind blown firm stuff. the route was not wanded but an img group wanded up to around 11.5k. Minor crevasse hazard up to the same alti. All groups turned around below 12k due to weather. Descent was in a partial white out below schurman. The slope getting back to camp curtis was loaded with windblown but we had no issues traversing it. Interglacier was soft and the bootpack was filled in but plenty of people were heading up Thursday...that's all for now. Off to solo lane peak in the morning. Tr will follow. Sorry no pics for now. Will update when I get home. Again sorry you lost your lunch buddy. I'm sure it will be there for your descent.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic