Beer thief at Snow Creek Wall TH

summitchaserCJB

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'll pee in some beer bottles and leave them stashed in random creeks near trailheads. That will make you think twice.

Just remember what goes around comes around ... so be prepared for the favor to be returned.

That said - hide your beer better.

Man, if someone pees in one of my beer bottles after drinking the beer I'm gonna be so pissed.

Let this be a lesson to you:

Beaver_Sergio_wading.jpg

This is Sergio. He is both sad and mad. He lost his Heineken half-rack stash in Ross Lake. Did it float away or was it stolen? Hmmm? He said he secured it well.

Let this be another lesson to you:

I once lost a couple of 24-oz beer bottles trying to stash them in 6-inch deep water in Bridge Creek. The plastic bag I was carrying them in broke and one beer smashed on the rocks and the other disappeared immediately...IN SIX INCHES OF CLEAR WATER! We looked around for many minutes not finding the lost bottle. We joked that it would eventually make its way to Lake Chelan and some lucky boater would discover it floating by.

Someone earlier in the thread alluded to sackn' up and learning to drink your beer warm.

I wholeheartedly agree with this idea.

I personally have inbibed in only warm beer (barring those well placed at camp) while in the mountains for as long as I can remember.

My reasons are -

1)If you have to carry the weight (all the way) you (may) bring less and get something done or not.

2)Considering some of the beer thieving associates that I keep company with, I dare not let my beer out of my own safe keeping and risk the loss to those heathens let alone stash it and have a stranger steal it.

:brew:

Someone earlier in the thread alluded to sackn' up and learning to drink your beer warm.

I wholeheartedly agree with this idea.

Here's another reason to drink warm beer: your uncultured partners won't steal it from you!

At home, I sometimes get Tim's Jalapeno chips. MMMmmm spicy. My kids will say, "But daddy, you know we don't like spicy so we can't eat them." My answer: "Oh, you're right, I guess I'd better eat them myself!"

Man, if someone pees in one of my beer bottles after drinking the beer I'm gonna be so pissed.

You will not be pissed but drinking piss. The person who drank your beer will be pissed* and be doing the pissing. But that is what you get for doing a piss poor job of hiding piss beer in some pissy little creek.

*pissed - slang in Britain for being drunk.

You will not be pissed but drinking piss. The person who drank your beer will be pissed* and be doing the pissing. But that is what you get for doing a piss poor job of hiding piss beer in some pissy little creek.

*pissed - slang in Britain for being drunk.

Wow. :rolleyes:

If people really stole it that's sad, but just means you need to find a better stashing spot, forego ritual swilling, or be willing to drink warm beer like the hardier brits.

if one's beer is gettin warm in one's pack when one is climbing then perhaps one is not climbing fast enough... still, warm rainier beer after a long day is quite satisfying if you have nothing else.

If people really stole it that's sad, but just means you need to find a better stashing spot, forego ritual swilling, or be willing to drink warm beer like the hardier brits.

if one's beer is gettin warm in one's pack when one is climbing then perhaps one is not climbing fast enough... still, warm rainier beer after a long day is quite satisfying if you have nothing else.
"I think my back feels a bit wet, no, it's really wet"... Be careful when carrying 24 oz cans of beer on route, lest you end up really wet and still thirsty!

[tangentially related beer story]

Labor Day weekend many years ago, I was doing the segment of the PCT from Chinook to White with a buddy. At the end of the first day's hiking, we settled down at our campsite for the night. After dinner, I was thinking how fitting it would be to cap off the day with some libations. Went something like this...

Me: "Man, it sure would be nice to have a beer right now."

Phil: "Well, now that you mention it, there's some in the bottom of your pack."

Me: "WTF?? You stashed beer in there? When'ja do that?"

Phil: "During the car swap. Quite simple really."

Me: "Bastard! You're telling me I've been lugging this fuq'n 6-pack all day?"

Phil: "Yeah, but I figured you wouldn't mind because it doesn't weigh much. It's Lite beer, ya know..." :)

[/tangentially related beer story]