Free nearly all days of July-Sept.; Easy/Moderate

jk82

Posted something similar a few months ago, and am wondering if some others might also be interested given that plans might be better known now. Finished grad school and taking all of the summer off to climb.

I've got a couple of years of experience, though mostly in the northeast where we don't have glaciers, but it does get kinda chilly... Did Baker via Easton, Beckey Route, and Silver Star in a course a couple years ago, and am looking to get a bunch of mileage on relatively straightforward easy/moderate glacier routes in July, with some easy alpine rock thrown in for good measure.

Ideas: Any of the easy routes on Baker, Sulphide or Fischer Chimneys on Shuksan, Sahale, Eldorado, Hood, straightforward routes on Adams, possibly shooting for DC or Emmons on Rainier in late July. Also very interested in getting mileage on easy alpine rock; started leading on gear at the end of last summer, and looking to lead a good amount of easy routes this summer. Happy to follow lots too with a more experienced leader.

Joseph

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I will be in Wash July 14-24. Meeting a small group to do the DC on the 20th. Would really like to do fisher chimneys before then. also open to other routes. No plans as of yet. If there is something you are planning on doing and need a partner just let me know. I think we may have one climber spot open on our Rainier permit if you're interested too. jbarronton@yahoo.com

It sounds like we have a similar experience level in the mountains, though I have not rock climbed with gear, just sport. I would be willing to follow and clean though. I top rope at about 10c - 10d and lead sport at 5.8. Your goals for this summer are right on with mine.