Monkey Face - West Face

Plaidman

Short and sweet. Stevetimetrvler and I did the Monkey Face on Weds. and Thurs. We made it a dry run for our Yosemite trip. Which is on hold until after I move.

We started at 2:20 p.m Steve got the first pitch done in 2.5 hours.

The wind was howling 25 to 40 miles an hour. Steve's aiders were blowing over his head.

We hauled all our crap up to bivy in the cave. I haul bag full of junk.

I led the second pitch 23 bolts in 1 hour.

Did my first real haul.

Steve led into the cave. Good thing we had the cheater stick clip.

I jugged into the cave hoping not to saw the rope through.

Jugged real smooth.

We kinda slept in the cave.

It is awesome. Like a condo with rats.

I led out of the cave in the morning.

5 bolts. Stick clipped the last one and ran out the free climbing 30 ft in army boots. 1 piece for a directional then got to the anchor.

We had a blast. Steve loved riding the pig on the Black Hawk Helicopter 180 ft. free hanging rap next to the mouth of the Monkey.

Sweet trip. We definitely got what it takes to do The Leaning Tower.

Steve will post pics and I will be posting video and a complete TR on my blog at: http://blog.oregonlive.com/climbing

Plaidman

Edited by Plaidman

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

enjoy the tower - moof was down there 2 months ago or so and told me that a good deal of the fixed gear had been removed, including hte fixed lines on the approach, and that he needed to hand place a pin (they were doing je-sus built me hotrod, but ended up bailing off it and following the trade route) to get through a tough spot on p2 :)

We were after Wet Denim Daydream, but were one vagina short of having the sack to finish the bugger.

Hand placed? No.... I beat the mother fucker in there with zeal. It still fell out 2 days later in the hands of a free climber.